Revan's fate...

Guest The Architect

What do you think has happened to Revan?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened to Revan?

• Revan is dead, he/she has been killed by the 'True Sith...
    • Revan has been captured by the 'True Sith'...
    • Revan still has not discovered the 'True Sith' and is still looking for clues concerning there whereabouts...
    • Revan's ship was attacked in the unknown regions causing his/her ship to crashland on an unknown planet in the unknown regions, resulting in Revan being stuck/stranded in the unknown regions...
    • Revan is single handedly trying to destroy the 'True Sith' for his/her own reasons either battling them face to face or sort of as an assassin, picking as many of them off as possible whilst remaining undetected...
    • Revan has discovered the 'True Sith' and is simply spying on them and trying to obtain information concerning what there plans are, etc...
    • If you set Revan as LS in KOTOR III perhaps Revan fell to the DS once again and has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • If you set Revan as DS n KOTOR III perhaps Revan has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • None of the above. If you have any other suggestions, please clarify,

Yeah. He succumbed strenght of remaining massasis and using those powers he became force ghost just in time before his body was destroyed in bombardments of Yavin.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Guest The Architect

Let's get back on topic shall we? This isn't about who is more powerful out of Exar Kun and Revan, this is about what Revan has been doing or is doing in the unknown regions and why he/she has been gone for such a long time besides from the assumption that he/she died.

And even though I really don't care, I'll give you my opinion and say that I think Exar Kun is more powerful than Revan.

Manassis are the last of the true bloodline Sith.

Yeah. But their genes are manipulated too

edit: Revan has hit to star with spaceship. That is why Carth never let him fly Ebon Hawk :blink:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Manassis are the last of the true bloodline Sith.

Yeah. But their genes are manipulated too

edit: Revan has hit to star with spaceship. That is why Carth never let him fly Ebon Hawk :lol:

Ah, so that's what happened to him... He went to find the true Sith, but flew so badly T3 had him ejected into the cold regions of space, where he died like a miserable schwein... :shifty:

(for those of you who've seen "The Hudsucker Procy" :wub::ermm: )

Guest The Architect

How would you guys react if it turns out that Revan was conjuring a plan to destroy the 'True Sith' but in the process of his/her plan hes/she was captured and killed by the 'True Sith'? Would you be pissed off if they killed Revan off just to make things easier for the devs? You've got to look at it from their point of view, not just ours. I'm not saying that's what I'd do because in my plot (in-development) Revan and the Exile are alive and WILL appear in my K3 story, but I'm saying, would you be disappointed or not surprised or want your money back for buying the game in the first place?

What happens if the devs of K3 decide to abandon the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch all together then how would you be? Lets have some feedback, I'm pretty sure I know what most of the feedback will be considering there are a lot of Revan 'fanboys' on these forums but it now moving on to something else, if you were writing K3, how would you handle the fates of Revan and the Exile? I know what I'd do but I'm asking you folks now.

Edited by The Architect

Would not care.Revan isnt a character that Obsidian created so I dont see wht they should be stuck with it. Chris Avellone dosnt like writing other peoples characters according to the interviews he gives.

The Exiles "job" was to create a new jedi order. Since thats done he can retire somewhere.

Revan is Drizzt in space , it's just sad.

Start over when all the present NPCs are dead. But finish up the story in a way that is reflected in the new game.

That way you can ignore all the complications of trying to fit all those variables into one story.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well Both Exile and Revan need to be PCs of the Kotor 3 due their fanbase.

Kotor 3 should complete the trilogy and gear towards the fans of Kotor.

Kotor 4 should be where everything starts anew.

I mean new everything for Kotor 4.

that is just me.

How would you guys react if it turns out that Revan was conjuring a plan to destroy the 'True Sith' but in the process of his/her plan hes/she was captured and killed by the 'True Sith'?

I would be not at all surprised, but I would be disappointed. To kill of Revan and/or the Exile in the background is just bad storytelling. If Revan is to die off-screen, then they should have done it in K2. In fact, live or dead, it would be better if Kreia had told The Exile so at the end of K2, because they would could wonder, and the devs would have the option of whether Kreia was right or not in a K3.

You don't leave the fate of character in suspence for an entire game/novel/movie/plot without payoff later, so it would be pretty disappointing if we kept hearing about Revan in K2 only to find out that he is long dead in K3.

I thought the true sith were extinct

Long extinct, the Sith was the native species of the planet Ziost. They had red skin and tentacle 'beards', and had a natural talent for mastering the Force. Naturally cruel and manipulative, the Sith spread throughout the outer rim in the early days of the Old Republic, eventually centering their empire on Korriban. Some time after the Great Schism several refugee Dark Jedi settled on the planet. Amazing the Sith with their mastery of the Force, the fallen Jedi soon elevated themselves to god-like status, becoming the rulers of the Sith. As the centuries passed, interbreeding occurred between the human Dark Jedi and the Sith, creating a half-species with an enormous talent for manipulating the Force. This species, which were also called Sith, had red skin like the original Sith. A prominent member of this half-species was the Sith Lord Marka Ragnos. The half-Sith species is also considered extinct.

The name 'Sith' was adopted by their Dark Jedi rulers, and has later been used by numerous fallen Jedi organizations.

taken from somewhere online site. I forgot what it was.

Old news :( Talked a lot of. They were the original sith empire. Many suspects (me me me!) that TS Empire has been build by remnants of Ludo Kressh's army. It's fate was never explained

Old news :( Talked a lot of. They were the original sith empire. Many suspects (me me me!) that TS Empire has been build by remnants of Ludo Kressh's army. It's fate was never explained

No, the original sith species never had an empire. They were just primitive humanoids living on Korriban until the dark jedi cast out by the jedi order during the Great Schism enslaved them and and then absorbed them into their new empire.

The true Sith are probably the descendants of the old Sith Empire shattered in the conflict between Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh and the defeat at the republic's hands.

Old news :p Talked a lot of. They were the original sith empire. Many suspects (me me me!) that TS Empire has been build by remnants of Ludo Kressh's army. It's fate was never explained

No, the original sith species never had an empire. They were just primitive humanoids living on Korriban until the dark jedi cast out by the jedi order during the Great Schism enslaved them and and then absorbed them into their new empire.

The true Sith are probably the descendants of the old Sith Empire shattered in the conflict between Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh and the defeat at the republic's hands.

:-

Yes, I ment exactly that. Was I unclear or what... :S

How would you guys react if it turns out that Revan was conjuring a plan to destroy the 'True Sith' but in the process of his/her plan hes/she was captured and killed by the 'True Sith'? Would you be pissed off if they killed Revan off just to make things easier for the devs? You've got to look at it from their point of view, not just ours. I'm not saying that's what I'd do because in my plot (in-development) Revan and the Exile are alive and WILL appear in my K3 story, but I'm saying, would you be disappointed or not surprised or want your money back for buying the game in the first place?

If they dealt with it properly by making good cut scenes and explained Revan's story, it would be annoying but bearable. Killing Revan off without giving her/him a good send off would be just so plain wrong. Revan is the central figure to the KotOR series during this particular time frame and is vital in dealing with the looming 'true' Sith threat and whatever it is s/he had started in the Unknown Regions. It would be really pointless to kill Revan off in vain since Revan is the only one who has any clue what the hell is going on.

What happens if the devs of K3 decide to abandon the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch all together then how would you be? Lets have some feedback, I'm pretty sure I know what most of the feedback will be considering there are a lot of Revan 'fanboys' on these forums

Then don't call the game KotOR III. Call it something else since it will have absolutely nothing to do with KotOR. i would be royally miffed if they dropped the plot and made III have nothing to do with the original nor the second.

but it now moving on to something else, if you were writing K3, how would you handle the fates of Revan and the Exile? I know what I'd do but I'm asking you folks now.

There are lots of possibilities but off the top of my head, Exile would have lost her/his connection to the Force with Kreia's death since it is my theory s/he is a wound in the Force and could only channel the Force through Kreia. Therefore Exile would either go back to wandering and such, would assist with strengthening the Jedi Order, or would seek out to find another person to bond with as s/he did Kreia so s/he can use the Force again, unless Kreia left her consciousness in Exile when she fell to her asumed death. Revan, i would think, would be doing multiple things at once. S/he would be strategizing and such with regards to the 'true' Sith, and at the same time dealing with that thing s/he started way back. Probably figuring out how to work both elements against eachother. And while doing that, masterminding how to get the rights to open a Starbucks franchise among the 'true' Sith so s/he can get them to fund her/his campaign against them. :p Or something like that.

Well Both Exile and Revan need to be PCs of the Kotor 3 due their fanbase.

Kotor 3 should complete the trilogy and gear towards the fans of Kotor.

i would agree, even if not necessarily as player characters. III should at the very least tie-up the lose ends from provious games and continue on wtih the story.

The Exiles "job" was to create a new jedi order. Since thats done he can retire somewhere.

:- i actually wouldn't mind that.

I would be not at all surprised, but I would be disappointed. To kill of Revan and/or the Exile in the background is just bad storytelling. If Revan is to die off-screen, then they should have done it in K2. In fact, live or dead, it would be better if Kreia had told The Exile so at the end of K2, because they would could wonder, and the devs would have the option of whether Kreia was right or not in a K3.

You don't leave the fate of character in suspence for an entire game/novel/movie/plot without payoff later, so it would be pretty disappointing if we kept hearing about Revan in K2 only to find out that he is long dead in K3.

Exactly. When i think about any epic in scope story, the part that binds it and makes those who read it/play it become attached to it is the characters. The point in having both Bastila and Carth say they know Revan is still alive, i would assume, is to keep the story focused on Revan and to set things up for III.

Exactly. When i think about any epic in scope story, the part that binds it and makes those who read it/play it become attached to it is the characters. The point in having both Bastila and Carth say they know Revan is still alive, i would assume, is to keep the story focused on Revan and to set things up for III.

Or perhaps to poke fun at the fanboys :-

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

To Me, Kotor 3 should be good or not be made at all.

We dont have to need a new pc for Kotor 3. A stragtetic use of Revan and Exile.

Right now in my demented head, I think I have found a way to have the Exile in a bigger role in my Kotor 3 story.

Just say, my story shows how much of a leader the Exile truly is and he is a great leader too.

Regardless how long the Exile will be in it, it will please the Exile fans a lot.

To Me, Kotor 3 should be good or not be made at all.

We dont have to need a new pc for Kotor 3. A stragtetic use of Revan and Exile.

Right now in my demented head, I think I have found a way to have the Exile in a bigger role in my Kotor 3 story.

Just say, my story shows how much of a leader the Exile truly is and he is a great leader too.

Regardless how long the Exile will be in it, it will please the Exile fans a lot.

And the people who never played KOTOR and KOTOR II ? Who have no idea who these people are.

Learn from Final Fantasy.

478327[/snapback]

If the devs would decide to just kill Revan, then the Architect, Jediphile, I and probably some others on this forum would be better writers then "the high paid professional storywriter" who gets the job. Off course, they have to keep in mind that the programmer(s) doesn't have to much work to do for the impatient and greedy LA.

So, my answer to the question "what would you do if LA decides to kill Revan of" would be: I would be throwing bricks through the windows of the LA office.

Other then that, I could add to Shadowpaladins last response: George Lucas didn't keep them in his mind when he developed Revenge of the Sith either.

Suggestion: Maybe Kotor III should be developed as a mission disk for Kotor II to keep the ones who didn't play any of the two games at bay.

Master Vandar lives!

Other then that, I could add to Shadowpaladins last response: George Lucas didn't keep them in his mind when he developed Revenge of the Sith either.

Suggestion: Maybe Kotor III should be developed as a mission disk for Kotor II to keep the ones who didn't play any of the two games at bay.

Revenge of the Sith did rather well didnt it ?

KOTOR as it stands is a mess. You have one former PC who is now an NPC who everyone see's as some sort of Jedi god (despite being rather mediocre) you have another PC who really can be some sort of Jedi god if you sat around killing Hissis. Both of which are far too powerful to play in a new game. And one of which is far to powerful period (be it as ally or enemy).

They did that for FFX-2 (Thats 10 part 2 not 12)

You played Yuna coming to terms with the loss of Tidus. But we are not talking about games with pregenerated heres in KOTOR which is what makes it so complex.

478327[/snapback]

Old news :p Talked a lot of. They were the original sith empire. Many suspects (me me me!) that TS Empire has been build by remnants of Ludo Kressh's army. It's fate was never explained

:)

Yes, I ment exactly that. Was I unclear or what... :S

Sorry. Sounded to me like you were suggesting the sith species formed the "original" sith empire, which would be incorrect. I see now I was mistaken. Mea culpa.

Revenge of the Sith did rather well didnt it ?

KOTOR as it stands is a mess. You have one former PC who is now an NPC who everyone see's as some sort of Jedi god (despite being rather mediocre) you have another PC who really can be some sort of Jedi god if you sat around killing Hissis. Both of which are far too powerful to play in a new game. And one of which is far to powerful period (be it as ally or enemy).

They did that for FFX-2 (Thats 10 part 2 not 12)

You played Yuna coming to terms with the loss of Tidus. But we are not talking about games with pregenerated heres in KOTOR which is what makes it so complex.

I never said that I want to play as Revan or the Exile again

Master Vandar lives!