Pre-E3 Bioware interview

Llyranor

Yeah, but then with sidequests and without walkthroughs I completed Jade Empire in one 11-hour sitting. I believe most claimed it to be 20+.

You're fast. It took me, my cousin and my cousin's girlfriend's sister's little daughter (5 year old) 13, almost 14 hours to play through it all. And that's with the five year old taking care of all the boring "jumpy jumpy" combat.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That initial dungeon in BG2 was pretty pathetic.

I've never made it out of it, so for once I agree with you.

It's so bad I dont even want to know what the rest of the game is like.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Anyone else find Greg & Ray's overuse of the exclamation point irritating?

Oh -- this is in reference to the arcticle linked in the original post, by the way.

As capable of inconvenience, and of some damage and debt to those that would act against my interests, I cannot f*^ng argue with dangerous.

Really, like what Volourn?  I haven't seen any information about Dragon Age on the usual game sites?  So where is this third party fountain of information that has so much on Dragon Age?  If you say the Bioware forums then that is a source of misinformation.  Developers lie and hype so it is unreliable.

Last news Gamespy had was from 2004, same with IGN.

Gamespot's, except for the ME article with a very small mentioning of DA, last DA article was also 2004.

A lot of the sites still have the screenshots released years ago.

So where is this information, Volourn, or are you giving Bioware your blind trust?

Just for the record, Half-Life 2 wasn't announced until it was already in development for 5 years. Silence != abandoned.

The only definition I need is mine and mine alone because the only person I have to live with is me.  Also, Gromnir, of course I am incorrect.  What do you expect?  I have come to conclusion that I am wrong just about everything and you know what.  I don't give a s**t.

Then don't use words that have generally accepted definitions. This is one of the most retarded posts I've ever seen. You get your point smashed back into your face, and the declare that the only definition you need is yours. Well, I doubt Bioware uses your definition for the word Epic, so if you want to interpret their usage with your definition, then you are wrong.

Chu returns by a storm.

Repent! :thumbsup:

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, in Fallout you didn't have to help the vault or stopping the Master, or are you forgetting that ending.

EDIT: Of course Irenicus would have came after me, but he would be on my turf and not me being on his.  That was a lost opportunity in role playing.  You get a stronghold, you could build up defenses, recruit individuals, then when Irenicus does come a knocking then you can trap him and his sister on your own terms.

And it's complete bull that Fallout ends smiply because I don't help the vault or the Master. Horrible railroading if I've ever seen it.

That initial dungeon in BG2 was pretty pathetic.

I've never made it out of it, so for once I agree with you.

It's so bad I dont even want to know what the rest of the game is like.

For what it's worth, I'm a huge Gothic fan. And I feel Baldur's Gate 2 is a much better game.

In other news, outside of Gromnir and some other posters that haven't posted nearly as much, this thread has convinced me that humanity is filled with a bunch of absolute retards.

It's a sad day when Volourn is the next most rational person after Gromnir.

Then don't use words that have generally accepted definitions.  This is one of the most retarded posts I've ever seen.  You get your point smashed back into your face, and the declare that the only definition you need is yours.  Well, I doubt Bioware uses your definition for the word Epic, so if you want to interpret their usage with your definition, then you are wrong.

And I admit that I am wrong, so your point is what? I know Bioware does not subscribe to my definitions nor should it. I know that I am an irrational git and I don't care. So I ask again, what is your point? I don't understand why the need for a verbal assault and flaming when I already stated that it is a stupid view but my view nonetheless. If you that disgusted what I have to say use the ignore function. Its what it is there for in case you forgot.

As for the BG 2 thing, the game was good, except for the beginning dungeon and the ToB expansion which sucked horribly.

Edited by Judge Hades

My point, which I figured was obvious, is that it's dumb to complain that games use the term Epic, when you subscribe to an entirely different definition of it.

It looks like you grasped that, so I'm not sure why you had to ask me what my point was.

I also disagree that it was a verbal assault.

Ignoring you would also give you a free pass to spout forth similar nonsense. If you don't like my dissections of your posts, don't post nonsense, ignore me, or leave the forum.

Edited by alanschu

"I didn't. Read my post again. I called your post retarded. Which is a distinct, and deliberate, difference."

That's a cop out used by those whoa re too weak to state what they really mean.

'What you said is dumb' is a coward's way out. Just say you are dumb'.

It's much clearer, to the point, and fully honest if not mean.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's not a cop out. It was a deliberate distinction.

Saying that someone is dumb is often incorrect. Very intelligent people often say things that are incorrect. I do not think that Hades is dumb. But his post was.

this is starting to get fun. :)

*pulls up chair, sits back and waits for more replies*

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson