PS3 Price

karka

Fools. Waste your money.  :p

If you need an excuse to buy one, buy it as cheap blu ray player rather than a console ;)

Why would I buy a blu-ray player?, what would I play in it!

More than you can play on your XBox 360, right now! :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It just tell everyone to subtract the cost of a 360 from the price and then see if they can buy a blu ray player for it :D works like a charm.

Plus the PS3 does 1080 p out of the box. So it's going to look pretty. ;)

I found very few things worth buying on the Xbox (mostly rented stuff). There are about 4 games I'm interested on the current 360 release radar.

If I had bothered to maintain a gaming PC then I probably would find even less.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Blu ray movies when they are released.

Imagine the extended LotR movies all on disc, watching them all in a row.

I already own it. Anywho why spend $1000 on something that will only save me the hassle of switching disks?

Fools. Waste your money.  :o

If you need an excuse to buy one, buy it as cheap blu ray player rather than a console :(

Why would I buy a blu-ray player?, what would I play in it!

More than you can play on your XBox 360, right now! :D

So all the xbox games, and the 360 games and every dvd I want to? I don't see your point.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Yes, but instead of $1000 you pay $499 that can also play all PS 1 games, PS 2 games, and future PS 3 games.

If I wanted to play those games than I'd already would own a PS2 and that would destroy your point. Another thing, I think it's funny you say $599. You sound like you're trying to sell me something, just say about $600 bucks.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

@ Craigboy2

What the hell is your point?

Having the option to play all your older games on a single console is a fantastic feature. Imagine if you had to pull out your old Win 98 computer to play all those classic CRPGs, what a hassle don't you agree? Though it's not exactly the same, it can apply to consoles as well. I still have PS1 games I'm playing, but I certainly don't play them on my ancient console.

So all the xbox games, and the 360 games and every dvd I want to?

First you use the old Xbox games as a selling point for the Xbox 360 (which, for the record, is not very backwards compatible)..

Yes, but instead of $1000 you pay $499 that can also play all PS 1 games, PS 2 games, and future PS 3 games.

If I wanted to play those games than I'd already would own a PS2 and that would destroy your point.

..then in the next post you're saying that playing the back catalogue is not a selling point..? Odd.

So, according to you, being able to play some Xbox games on the Xbox 360 is better than being able to play some (and if Sony is correct, all) PS1/PS2 games on the Playstation 3? I fail to see the logic behind this.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If I wanted to play those games than I'd already would own a PS2 and that would destroy your point. Another thing, I think it's funny you say $599. You sound like you're trying to sell me something, just say about $600 bucks.

No it wouldnt.

Let me tell you a story. Before I bought a 360 I had a chat with my wife to see if there were any Xbox games she still had an interest in. Now we have one we will not buy another Xbox game period. Reason is simple dont want an obsolete unit clogging up the place.

However because of the nature of the PS3 we will be buying PS2 games after we get a PS3 as well as PS3 games. God of War II coming top of the list I expect. Therefore the PS3 will transition much easier (which a good thing considering the number of PS/2 games we own between us)

As well as using it to watch blu ray movies :(

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Always nice to see the fan-boys crawl out in every console-thread. Pick-a-booo!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

PS anything = bad investment if you tend to dislike anime games. I find it interesting that consoles seem to be gradually nearing the costs of PCs though. I shelled out $1100 for this rig(which is two years old now) and still plays most games at medium to high settings.

Well, the games I've been playing the most on my Playstation 2 are God of War, Psychonauts, Burnout 3: Takedown, NHL (any year), FIFA (any year), Fahrenheit, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, Resident Evil 4, Black, Toca Race Driver 2 & 3, Colin McRae Rally (all of them basically), Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (hey, it's fun in multiplayer), Killzone, Shadow of the Colossus and so on. None of them are anime in any kind.

If you're talking RPG's specifically, then it's another matter as 95% of all RPG's for the Playstation 2 are really crappy jRPG's.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Wow way to go people for twisting my words.

You bring it on yourself, by making outlandish statements about how poor the PS3 will be, yet you slavishly bought an Xbox 360 the moment it was released, despite the obvious drawbacks: like no games to play at launch.

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Always nice to see the fan-boys crawl out in every console-thread. Pick-a-booo!

Oh yes it is. <_<

You bring it on yourself, by making outlandish statements about how poor the PS3 will be, yet you slavishly bought an Xbox 360 the moment it was released, despite the obvious drawbacks: like no games to play at launch.

:huh:

You assume too much and you're putting words in my mouth. I never once said the PS3 would be a bad console (really I didn't, I don't think I've even implied anything) I said two things really. "500 dollars my ass!" which was referring to the price people kept on telling me that the PS3 was going to cost and about how $1000 or $600 bucks isn't worth the convenience (of having to switch disks). Metadigtital it doesn't make you look too intelligent when you lie.

Edited by Craigboy2