short little Half Life 2 q&a

I haven't bought HL2 yet, for no real reason, but maybe some stumbling blocks. I want to play the english language version, but not living in english-world it's at least a bit harder.

I heard (or dreamed) that you can change the language (the spoken and written stuff, not the censored blood'n'gore fun) via steam. You selecet the language and then small steam-monkey translate your HL2 version into english or french or monkeyspeech tepending on what you chose. Is that true? Does it work with a version bought in a store?

thanks

I haven't bought HL2 yet, for no real reason, but maybe some stumbling blocks. I want to play the english language version, but not living in english-world it's at least a bit harder.

I heard (or dreamed) that you can change the language (the spoken and written stuff, not the censored blood'n'gore fun) via steam. You selecet the language and then small steam-monkey translate your HL2 version into english or french or monkeyspeech tepending on what you chose. Is that true? Does it work with a version bought in a store?

thanks

Hello Nameless One.

Nice Avatar...

I'm pretty sure you can find this info on the HL2 boards.

The language change I'm guessing would be via a download from Steam so you could probably also go and check some of the files available for download.

If the language files are already in the game, sometimes it is only a matter of changing a line in the .ini file in the game directory. But that you won,t be able to do until you buy it.

Also, since you are writing in english, why is the english version of the game a problem?

thanks

Hello Nameless One.

Nice Avatar...

I'm pretty sure you can find this info on the HL2 boards.

The language change I'm guessing would be via a download from Steam so you could probably also go and check some of the files available for download.

If the language files are already in the game, sometimes it is only a matter of changing a line in the .ini file in the game directory. But that you won,t be able to do until you buy it.

Also, since you are writing in english, why is the english version of the game a problem?

Translator perhaps?

(kind of) Thanks so far. And the German version would be the problem, because German versions tend to be crap. With a big project like HL2 this might not be a problem, but I'd rather stick to the original.

My research (yeah, right) on HL2 boards had the result, that it seems to be possible. But I'm not that sure. Can someone confirm the language-change-thing?

Spanish

madre de dios, es el pollo diablo

Buster Keaton?

it is