Neverwinter nights

JE is wayyyyyy better than either KOTOR. It's noty even a contest. Those who disagree are better off being DS, and POR2. Those are the 'RPGs' more suited for them. :)

P.S. Hades, you should really make up your mind which KOTOR you liked more. One day it's KOTOR1; the next it's KOTOR2. :huh:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I prefer my RPG's longer than 15 hours, thank you very much.

I noticed recently that I have already clocked 100+ hours in Oblivion! Noone's going to claim that I don't do thorough playthrough's of the games I review at least.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

JE = HotU

JE > K1/K2

K1/K2 > SoU

K1/K2 > OC

K2 > K1 (from a roleplaying perpective)

K1 > K2 (as a game overall)

:)

So, (JE = HotU) > K1 > K2 > (SoU, OC)

?

:)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I prefer my RPG's longer than 15 hours, thank you very much.

I noticed recently that I have already clocked 100+ hours in Oblivion! Noone's going to claim that I don't do thorough playthrough's of the games I review at least.

I prefer RPGs over 30 hours.

100+ on Oblivion? Damn sounds like it's a fun game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Level 40? Godlike?

I'm going have to hurry up and get some money saved and buy this. The reviews and what I have seen on here make it sound like a winner like Morrowind was.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

I'm actually more than level 40.. I just haven't slept in a long while. I'm looking for a specific trainer and since you only get to train five times per level, I prefer not to 'waste' these last levels.

And I'm not godlike (not in the game, at least)! Unfortunately the goblins are also level 40+ by now and apparently goblins have a much better levelling curve than my character.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That's good to hear.

Enemies progress to match your level? Sounds fair, Kotor did that with Kreia.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

you're always outnumbered and usually outgunned: if you run into battle without exercising tactics you will fail.

You can also literally wander around the entire map and do anything in any order. (Some quests only open up when you complete a prerequisite, of course.)

It's what all the whingers wanted in the KotORs: the ability to interact (and keep playing after the end of the primary quest) with the environment.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I loved the part where I wondered to a shore next to Fort Caractacus and an invisible rat attacked me. :geek: The ensuing quest made my day, even though it was quite simple.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I loved the part where I wondered to a shore next to Fort Caractacus and an invisible rat attacked me.  :geek:  The ensuing quest made my day, even though it was quite simple.

I remeber that one. Wondered what was going on till I found that book.

Still think you could cut the world size in half and add some more interest without losing anything though.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I loved the part where I wondered to a shore next to Fort Caractacus and an invisible rat attacked me.  :lol:  The ensuing quest made my day, even though it was quite simple.

There was a quest? I just killed the rat (and read the manuscript, and looted the

green doublet of Speechcraft

) ... :geek:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I loved the part where I wondered to a shore next to Fort Caractacus and an invisible rat attacked me.  :lol:  The ensuing quest made my day, even though it was quite simple.

There was a quest? I just killed the rat (and read the manuscript, and looted the

green doublet of Speechcraft

) ... :geek:

What? I'm so going back there. Was the bonus a constant effect? I've been playing at my friends and the best magical gear I've managed find were the Pants of Enhanced Stamina or something from Fingerbowl Cave(decidedly creepy place next to Alswell). Jacques, my poor Dunmer burglar, needs better gear.

Yeah, there was a quest, you had to go uphill and find the village of Alswell next to the fort and the enter the inn there.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Ah, ok. I just found some coins and a pewter cup from the wizards stash. Still, going back there when I have the time. Did you find it from the castle cellar or from the wizards lodgings?

kirottu said: