Vista delayed 'til 2007

Bokishi

I WAS happy with Win98 but eventually I was forced to upgrade to WinXP. It probably be the same with Vista. I'll milk XP as long as possible.

Me too :rolleyes:

As capable of inconvenience, and of some damage and debt to those that would act against my interests, I cannot f*^ng argue with dangerous.

Vista has a lot of bells and whistles (goodies) that gets my attention, but I do not like the idea of it sucking up resources that are meant for applications. I'll stick with my WinXP Pro I have no complaints about it. Win98, WinXP and Win200 are the best OSes that I have ever used.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Win98, WinXP and Win200 are the best OSes that I have ever used.

I would add AmigaOS to the list...

Offers most of the important features of Win2K in a 512kb rom chip and 10mb diskspace... (and that 10-12 years before Win2K) :blink:"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The only OSes I have used are Microsoft ones, the oldest being DOS if you call that an OS. :blink:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

When it becomes absolutely neccesary to change O/S systems again for games or other software, I'll build another computer to put it on. Until then, I'll stick with WinXP-Pro and Win98. There's no reason to change just as soon as Vista comes out, whenever that may be.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts