Blu-ray = more than just the game?

Oerwinde

Saw Hades talking about Blu-Ray discs and just filling it all with FMVs and thought of this.

So with the huge storage capacity of Blu-ray, do you think PS3 games will start getting the DVD treatment, with special features and such? Like little behind the scenes featurettes, interviews with the designers, all that jazz? Would you be interested in that sort of thing?

You could even have bundle packs with some movies like Spider-Man or Harry Potter that had the movie and the game on a single disc if you used the dual layer discs. Or at least do what Xbox has been doing and bundling demos of the games as a special feature on movies. Anyway, just something that came to me and I thought it might be interesting to think up ways they could use all that space.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I actually wouldn't be too surprised.

Imagine a bundle for a game that came with the computer game right on the same disc.

That would actually be kinda cool having the PC version and PS3 version of some game on the same disc. Check out the differences and such.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Actually that could be a very viable alternative for multiplatform games. Makes a less informed parent's job much easier.

Though we'd need blueray drives in our computers, and we still aren't at DVDs as the mainstay yet.

If they actually start doing that, this doesn't bode well for my social life. I barely have time to play all the games I'd like, let alone browse through timewasters like that... :-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

One of the things I really want on mine is the option to use the Japanese soundtrack.

That alone will make it worth the price of purchase.

Another thing they could do is add the previous games on the same disk (since those would be small). That would be another great bonus especially with games which are difficult to track down these days.

Given that the PS3 is BC to the PS , this would be really exiting :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think it is a reasonable expectation, considering where the publishers are trying to herd digital rights management towards: the various formats could be unlocked from the Blu-Ray disc, with perhaps a discount for multiple purchases.

The publishers would be interested in it because it brings down the variable cost of production, with a small increase in fixed cost. Better for marketing (regression analyses, sales predictions, etc).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT