PlanetFargo

Ragdoll stroked his chin. "What if I told you they were all members of a secret society?"

"I would have no way to prove you wrong," I said. "So I would act amazed and wait for the next plot point."

"Leonardo Da Vinci designed the first videogame hardware!" Ragdoll exclaimed. "It's documented in his art and writing! The display was primitive, featuring a notched cylinder rotating around a magnesium flame, but the internal workings were centuries ahead of his time. But the idea for videogames goes back even farther than that-"

An inconspicuous white van squealed to a halt in front of the religions bookstore, and no less than six men wearing button-down shirts and pocket protectors flooded out of the rear compartment. They rushed to the front door, and Robert's eyes flared wide with fear.

"NERDS!" Ragdoll hollered. "They've found us, we've got to move!"

Together professor Ragdoll and I leapt over the counter at the rear of the store, rushed past frightened employees, and burst out the back of the building. We weaved through an alley and vaulted into the side door of a parking garage before I finally stopped him and caught my breath.

"What do you mean, Videogames predated even Da Vinci?" I asked through frantic breaths. "Who came up with the idea?"

"It's well documented in the New Testament," he answered.

"You're telling me Jesus invented videogames?"

Ragdoll straightened up, took a breath, and quoted: "'Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth: it is not peace I have come to bring, but a sword... A person's enemies will be the members of his own household.' Matthew 10:34. He's clearly talking about mutliplayer."

"Dude he said 'sword,' not videogame."

"Sword is a commonly understood symbol for videogames," Ragdoll answered.

I reached up and pointed an accusatory finger at him. "Now you're just making stuff up!" I cried.

"It's true. References abound. Do you remember SEGA's code-name for the Dreamcast prior to launch?"

My eyes opened wide. "It was called ... Katana!"

Ragdoll spread his arms apart excitedly. "That's right: a Katana is a Japanese sword. The Dreamcast was launched on September ninth of that year: 9-9-99. The end of days."

Chapter 8

"And look at this:" Ragdoll continued, swiveling the laptop to face him once again. "What did Gates name his new videogame console?"

"The Xbox," I answered.

"Xbox. X-BOX. Just like X-Mas!" Ragdoll's voice was now so loud that people in the coffee shop were turning to us to see what the commotion was. "X is an accepted symbol of the cross! Gates is building a Jesus-machine!"

;)

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/693/693211p1.html

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

:D

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Gates is building a Jesus Machine!"

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It only really makes sense if you read The DaVinci Code.  They captured the writing style perfectly.

True, the over-ambiguous connections between the Knights-templar, merovingians and the non-existing Priory of Sion to DaVinci is that the link above refers to.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Why does that remind me of Gabriel Knight 3?

Written and produced about 5 years before this book...

Eh? werewolfes at Neuschwanstein is something similar to The DaVinci code? Or am i forgetting something about the plot?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Yeah, there was a over-ambiguous connections between the Knights-templar, merovingians and the non-existing Priory of Sion...

All connected with the bloodline of Jesus Christ which was what the Holy Grail story refers to...

Edited by BattleCookiee

GK3 drew heavily on Holy Blood, Holy Grail - the book was even featured in the game. The authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail are currently suing Dan Brown in the UK courts for stealing their idea.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yeah, there was a over-ambiguous connections between the Knights-templar, merovingians and the non-existing Priory of Sion...

All connected with the bloodline of Jesus Christ which was what the Holy Grail story refers to...

There was? I must've forgotten about it, since it's like 10 years since i played that game.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

GK3 drew heavily on Holy Blood, Holy Grail - the book was even featured in the game. The authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail are currently suing Dan Brown in the UK courts for stealing their idea.

For what? copying fiction? Priory of Sion has never existed outside the mind of the french artist who made it all up.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

GK3 drew heavily on Holy Blood, Holy Grail - the book was even featured in the game.  The authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail are currently suing Dan Brown in the UK courts for stealing their idea.

Isn't that a bit late for that? Why sue now when the game is not even for sale anymore, or if you can find it it is sold for less than 5 bucks?

There was? I must've forgotten about it, since it's like 10 years since i played that game.

My copy says it's copyrighted in 2001. Guess you talk about GK2 (also seeing the wherewolf reference)?

GK3 drew heavily on Holy Blood, Holy Grail - the book was even featured in the game.  The authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail are currently suing Dan Brown in the UK courts for stealing their idea.

Isn't that a bit late for that? Why sue now when the game is not even for sale anymore, or if you can find it it is sold for less than 5 bucks?

My copy says it's copyrighted in 2001. Guess you talk about GK2 (also seeing the wherewolf reference)?

Probably true, i've never played GK3 then :">

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

For what? copying fiction? Priory of Sion has never existed outside the mind of the french artist who made it all up.

This is my understanding of it: In a rather amusing paradox, the authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail are suing Dan Brown for copying 'their' ideas while maintaining that their book is non-fiction.

If their book is fictional and the ideas are of their own imagining, they may have a case against Dan Brown. However, they claim their work to be non-fiction, based on research. If that is true, Dan Brown might easily have accessed the same sources for his novel. Therefore, in order to win their case, they must effectively admit that their book is fiction, and not non-fiction as they previously claimed.

I don't think they have much of a chance, but there is a chance the court case will delay the release of the movie version.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

This is my understanding of it: In a rather amusing paradox, the authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail are suing Dan Brown for copying 'their' ideas while maintaining that their book is non-fiction.

If their book is fictional and the ideas are of their own imagining, they may have a case against Dan Brown. However, they claim their work to be non-fiction, based on research. If that is true, Dan Brown might easily have accessed the same sources for his novel. Therefore, in order to win their case, they must effectively admit that their book is fiction, and not non-fiction as they previously claimed.

I don't think they have much of a chance, but there is a chance the court case will delay the release of the movie version.

The point is that Holy Blood, Holy Grail has re-entered the book bestselling charts, where it dominated for the entire eighties with the sequels Messianic Legacy (great half a book on the historical life of Jesus the Christ) and the third one, about the Freemasons.

So irregardless of the outcome of the court case, Michael Baigent et alia have had their licence to print money re-issued by the controversy. :lol:

And also don't forget that this was all used to great effect in Deus Ex, as well.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT