Star Wars Movies

Laozi

I was going to watch the original trilogy today, but lucky for me I came across this just before. http://www.sounddoctrine.com/baphomet.htm

man that was a close on.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

"Yes, the wiles of Satan are indeed wiley"

I wonder if this makes Vader out to be the Arch-Angel then.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I like the over-use of punctuation to coerce the reader into confronting reality, thus:

You don't believe there is a Devil? Let's get real!! He has your ultimate destruction as his never ending goal.

But, if the goal is never-ending, then surely the Devil will never achieve it? :-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

hah, I wonder if the author of that was a fundamentalist....and I suppose that they've never heard of coincidence. Besides, the pentagram wasn't always associated with satanism.

words are weightless here on earth

because they're free

And your point?

My point was that world is big place and your personal experiences cover only small part of it, therefore you should try to see the big picture.

Only through empiracal observation of events can one only gain unbiased knowledge and wisdom.  Obtaining information any other way will only give you biased and sometimes blatantly wrong information.

I have to disagree. We are people. We are always biased to some extent. We all watch the world through our own eyes, world colored by our past experiences. It

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

That's an equivocal statement. You have on many occasions expressed your belief in both God and his adversary, can you or can you not present empirical proof?

I don't know if it's "proof" per se but I think the most *logical* argument is to simply state the tautology that every atheist must, by definition, embrace:

"matter and energy cannot be created but the universe created itself."

all you can do is change the subject, or make an assertion that cannot be proven (such as the ever-looping universe)...you cannot wiggle out that tautology if you leave a higher power out of the picture without falling into the same "trap" that creatists do, which is to rely on that which cannot be empirically quantified.