Female PC hair length...

You can also just say so if you do not understand the question :D ...

The Aurora engine is the graphical engine that Kotor/Kotor2/NWN run on

Kotor uses 2 meshes to build any NPC. A body one and a seperate head one. Other games may use only one (entire person). Usually this are games where less NPC's are needed so there is no need to use body/head variety to create an artificial feel of "more different NPC's"... (examples: Unreal Tournament only has one mesh. Thus if you wanted a red suit instead of a green you needed to alter the entire Pawn... and get another one. Kotor though can just use the same head and only has to alter the body to be red. So you end with a green and red body, but the head doesn't change and can be used on both. Now they can also plant other heads on these 2 skins, while with UT you cannot)

So, now I will repeat:

Do they use the Aurora engine? Or seperate the NPC's into a body and head mesh then?

Morrowind has more issues with clipping, but has like 12 meshs to make up the full body at least. Neverwinter which is same engine does have long hair and when designing outfits again like Morrowind is 12 meshs how ever in game it is 2 head and body though the body is made up of 10 and the head is 2. You have the head it's self then what goes on the head be it hair or helm, most helms replace the hair..but there are also overlying meshs that do not remove the hair. With Morrowind to complacate things even farther items are labeled clothing and armor in which then you can wear 2 layers of outfits for an even more altered look, thou it can be funny seeing 26 meshs all trying to coup with each other but usealy succeeding. These 26 meshs being: head, hair, overly helm, cloak, skirt, chest_clothing, chest_armor, hands, feet, thigh_right_clothing, ankle_right_clothing, forearm_right_clothing, shoulder_right_clothing, thigh_right_armor, ankle_right_armor, forearm_right_armor, shoulder_right_armor, thigh_left_clothing, ankle_left_clothing, forearm_left_clothing, shoulder_left_clothing, thigh_left_armor, ankle_left_armor, forearm_left_armor, shoulder_left_armor.

Make note that Morrowind's engine TES is less advanced then Neverwinter/KoToR's Aurora. Morrowinds does not allow for flowing items so everything is stiff and moves only with the body part it is asigned.

KoToR is the only one fo the 3 meantioned not useing long hair mesh's on the models.

NWN has? Could you show a pic of a char who has that...?

give me ~3-4 hour to reinstall NWN and all my mods and I can post a pic...

but you can get long hair...

(try the CEP)

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

If they would do it would become like Visas' veil (that one was longer than the head alone). No longer allowing ANY armors and such to be shown (well, Visas had 2 skins... but still) and it regularly moved through her back...

people have made mods were you can choose Visas' head as your PCs...

there the armour works with the skin...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yeah, because then there is a seperate head-texture. Does that mod also feature the veil that goes through Visas' back?

um, somtimes... :thumbsup:

they mostly fixed that... :D

Deadly_Nightshade

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

I hate mods! :thumbsup:

Just thought Id add that!

hehe

I LOVE MODS!!!

I just thought people might want to know that...

BTW, why do you hate Mods?

Modded Games OWN unmodded games...

Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot