Manndolorian war video game

Revan1127

Why on Earth would you need hero units to market?

The Battlefield games are insanely popular sellers, and there's no such thing as a hero unit.

I was looking at it from a Empire at war perspective...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I still disagree about the first part (selling as well w/o the known entities), but you're definitely right about the second part (buying anything SW related). There's a lot of those people around and I used to be one as a kid. Maybe I should alter my earlier statement from "wouldn't work" to "less likely to get green-lighted than another SW project."

edit: I was responding to alan above.

Edited by baby arm

A Mandalorian Wars Battlefront-ish game wouldn't work because there wouldn't be any recognizable hero units you could market (Fett, Vader, etc) and the grunts would have the same problem (no Stromtroopers, etc).

An EAW-ish game would have a similar problem in that there wouldn't be any popular vehicles to include (AT-ATs, X-Wings, etc). It would just end up looking like a generic sci-fi RTS rather than a big deal Star Wars game.

actually... they do have recognisable units and heros. you'd have to get the art director from KotoR and the guy who illustrated the Sith War (graphic novel) to put their heads together for the game but you could concievably come up with a pretty good game with bastila and Revan on oneside as leaders with the admral guy and Exile and Carth as commanders.

It's hard to come up with Kotor hero's for mandalorians... I think we'd have a better chance of seeing the Sith war come out as a game over Mandalorian wars. you've got heroes and villians to fill out the rosters and you could easily get ships and designs for it.

I think there are a few heros for the mandalorians Canderous and the Mandalor at the time of the mandalorian wars also these heros could be used in empire at war type game

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Any game based on the Mandlorian Wars has the rather severe problem that the evolving plot is fixed, since we already know how it all turns out, and even how many of the battels will go. Therefore I think an RPG becomes pointless, because you cannot make any genuine choices in the game, unless options are included that deviates from what is established, and which will therefore immediately be marked as "outside canon".

Therefore a Battlefront-type game or RTS seems best, since the purpose will then mostly be how you reach your goals, rather than what you want them to be. Heck, if you do it Starcraft style, you can even have "heroes" like Revan and Malak on the playing field - powerful character that must survive every scenario.

As for Battlefront, I personally think that the reason it was such a big seller was not that it was a strategic, but more because we were finally allowed to killed Ewoks... :p:-

continuity is not as much of a problem as you might think...just think of all those DS Revanites....their "Revan" is not official and never will be. The DS path in a SW game is but a doggie treat.

I really like the idea of playing someone other than the munchkin Force god....I don't need to play Exar Kun, I would be happy playing one of his apprentices...same thing with Nomi Sunrider...I don't want to play as she, I want to play as her redheaded stepchild apprentice.

Basically, the PC plays some sort of role that "saves the day" but is otherwise under the radar screen and never really gets reported.

continuity is not as much of a problem as you might think...just think of all those DS Revanites....their "Revan" is not official and never will be.  The DS path in a SW game is but a doggie treat. 

Even KotOR2 allows for Revan to be both DS and female despite LA declaring Revan male LS in canon...

I really like the idea of playing someone other than the munchkin Force god....I don't need to play Exar Kun, I would be happy playing one of his apprentices...same thing with Nomi Sunrider...I don't want to play as she, I want to play as her redheaded stepchild apprentice.

What does that have to do with the Mandalorian Wars? I think you mistake the Mandalorian Wars with the Great Sith War, which took place some 30+ years before - Exar Kun was long since "dead" by the Mandalorian Wars, and Nomi would be pretty old. Besides, LA probably wouldn't allow their use - they didn't in KotOR1 after all, which is why Bastila replaced Vima as the female jedi with a bond to Revan...

What does that have to do with the Mandalorian Wars? I think you mistake the Mandalorian Wars with the Great Sith War, which took place some 30+ years before - Exar Kun was long since "dead" by the Mandalorian Wars, and Nomi would be pretty old. Besides, LA probably wouldn't allow their use - they didn't in KotOR1 after all, which is why Bastila replaced Vima as the female jedi with a bond to Revan...

it's an analogy. of course Exar Kun and Nomi Sunrider were not in the Mandalorian Wars....my point is that the PC does not have to be one of the principle continuity characters.

the PC is someone who, regardless of whether he saves the day or not, he will not get the actual credit for it....he will either fail and not get credit or will succeed and not get credit.....the roleplaying potential is actually much greater that way.

we don't have to play a Revan or some such figure everytime....and, if we don't, the other eras (which are already defined) become much more playable that way.

PCs in SW RPGs need to leave "zero footprint" on continuity...sure, somebody will get the credit, but it shouldn't be the PC.

Rockets in Their Pockets.

Ironically, the most intelligent part of this thread is here :(

Yay! I'm intelligen-

Oh...I see now. :'(

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast