Movies You Have Seen Lately

Dark_Raven

A Sound of Thunder - bad time-travel alter-evolutionary-history sci-fi movie w/a lot of cgi, apparently based on a Ray Bradbury story. Watchable, but nothing special. Fun to poke fun at while you're watching tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just watched A Firstful of Dollars ... just shows that you don't need $30 million to make a great film. Sergio Leone is a force of nature as a director: Clint Eastwood was an established actor, but he hadn't made it to the premier league yet (just some Rawhide as the squeaky-clean Rowdy Yates) ... obviously the whole enterprise benefited from Clint Eastwood's superlative acting talents, but still there is no other "name" acting along side, yet they all do they job; and a good actor can still stand out, e.g.: Lee Van Cleef in the sequels.

Even though the effects are obviously dated (apart from the stunt work), seeing porrly represented blood appear on the dead and dying in the scene after they are shot, doesn't impede the story at all. Also the score is phenomenal.

Now I have the delicious agony of deciding whether I want to watch Il Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, which is perhaps the greatest Western of all ... hmmm maybe I'll buy Per qualche dollaro in pi

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Is that any good? Or do you have to be a Depp-fanboi / on serious medication to enjoy it? (I know that's a tough one for you to answer ... ;)")

It's not Kusturica's best and some of it is rather inane but it's constantly entertaining and all the actors are in top shape. Yeah, it's worth it.

But I'd suggest watching Underground first, which is definitely one of the best movies ever made.

This movie reflects the history of Yugoslavia since the beginning of WWII (and similar to all ex-communist countries) to the last horrible events in Balcanian countries. Behind the comedy is hidden the pain of whole generations, which have suffered WWII, The Cold War, the war in Yugoslavia, the communism, the treachery of their own leadership, the fall. The film shows us the reality, as seen by those who feel unlimited love for their country and culture. Marko and Blacky represent the true leaders of country, the soul of nation and not without controversies.

Just watched A Firstful of Dollars ... just shows that you don't need $30 million to make a great film. Sergio Leone is a force of nature as a director: Clint Eastwood was an established actor, but he hadn't made it to the premier league yet (just some Rawhide as the squeaky-clean Rowdy Yates) ... obviously the whole enterprise benefited from Clint Eastwood's superlative acting talents, but still there is no other "name" acting along side, yet they all do they job; and a good actor can still stand out, e.g.: Lee Van Cleef in the sequels.

Even though the effects are obviously dated (apart from the stunt work), seeing porrly represented blood appear on the dead and dying in the scene after they are shot, doesn't impede the story at all. Also the score is phenomenal.

Now I have the delicious agony of deciding whether I want to watch Il Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, which is perhaps the greatest Western of all ... hmmm maybe I'll buy Per qualche dollaro in pi

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Watched some Futurama, good stuff.

Gabrielle, I demand to know why my IP has been banned from The Frozen Throne forum. When have I ever trolled?

How dare you use my personal IP in such a barbaric fashion.

What sort of online vendetta is this?

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly is one of the best low budget westerns made.

Actually, The Good, The Bad And The Ugly had a pretty good budget compared to the other trilogy westerns. And it shows too.

I just finished seeing A Bout De Souffle. I'm thinking of adding it to my all time favourite's list.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I can see you don't like Godard. Or was that irony?

Edited by Soulseeker

Heja Sverige!!

But he isn't your garden variety teenager. He appears to spend more time watching movies than exercising his right arm. That's not normal teenagy behaviour. :D

Heja Sverige!!

Of course. I should have remembered that these activities are not mutually exclusive.

By the way, Jean Seberg was truly hot.

Heja Sverige!!

You see? That's why The French New Wave is so malign, it sucks you in with pretty dames and artsy fartsy dialogue, but it's all empty, it serves no real purpose, except murdering art from the inside!

Say no to heterosexual want!

Are you saying that all good movies are gay?

Heja Sverige!!

What's gay about Saraband?

Heja Sverige!!