What are you playing now....

Darque

I am playing Chrono Cross again. This is my 3rd attempt and guess what! I liked it very much.

<3 music

Yeah, music is great but it's sad that there is no voice acting. Still, it's a great game.

Pfft... What's wrong with no voice acting?

I'm glad you like it btw. :blink:

Without voice acting it feels a bit old. But it is not important. I am having fun.

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

I'd rather have no voice acting then in JRPGs sometimes...

Since english voice acting isn't handled very well for most games.

EDIT - Also, I don't think any PSone RPG had voice acting... Some had partial, but that's about it.

Edited by Haitoku

I'd rather have no voice acting then in JRPGs sometimes...

Since english voice acting isn't handled very well for most games.

EDIT - Also, I don't think any PSone RPG had voice acting...  Some had partial, but that's about it.

Koudelka had voice acting. :)

All the way through.

BTW, is Xenogears any good..

It's only the best JRPG ever made... :)

My opinion :

Xenogears has so many flaws... Half the battles are so damn repetitive, exploration can be extremely tedious, there isn't much in the character customization department, menus suck, controls and camera angles suck...

HOWEVER. The music is absolutely beautiful (same guy who composed the Chrono Trigger/Cross soundtrack). The characters are so well done and the story is really something incredible.

If you can take mediocre gameplay in exchange for a well told story, you might like it...

It's only the best JRPG ever made... :)

My opinion :

Xenogears has so many flaws... Half the battles are so damn repetitive, exploration can be extremely tedious, there isn't much in the character customization department, menus suck, controls and camera angles suck...

HOWEVER. The music is absolutely beautiful (same guy who composed the Chrono Trigger/Cross soundtrack). The characters are so well done and the story is really something incredible.

If you can take mediocre gameplay in exchange for a well told story, you might like it...

Don't forget the absolutely AWESOME localization.

"I killed your father!"

"You mean my dad?!"

"Yes."

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

It's only the best JRPG ever made... :wub:

My opinion :

Don't forget the absolutely AWESOME localization.

"I killed your father!"

"You mean my dad?!"

"Yes."

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Dude, that's major spoilers. :)

So my JRPG roadmap is:

Chrono Cross -> DQVIII -> Xenogears -> Probably FFXII (I really like that new battle system)

Looks good. I would try and stick a Shin Megami Tensei game in there... :D

The best part of starting to play JRPG's is, now i have lots of good games to play. They will keep me busy for a long time. I love to be open minded. :)

Ok i added an SMT game to list. :cool:

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

Xenogears is one of those games like final fantasy seven. It's either a paragon of rpging, or it's only good for one or two reasons. I side on the "paragon" teams

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.