New NWN2 Site

karka

Says a non-newb.

I'm sure there were plenty of people that found stuff like the radial menus somewhat clunky. I doubt they'd add the option if they felt it wasn't prudent. And besides, it sounds like an option, which is no real skin off my back.

"don't know why the web site at Atari, they aren't doing much of anything for the game. It should be here."

Eh? Not doing much? They're the publisher. No Atari, no NWN. No Obsidian, and we'd likely still would have had NWN2.

As for the site, it looks nice.

The RTS control thing sounds reatrded. The controls of NWN should be fine for everyone including newbies. The radial menu, of course, takes time to leanr; but guess what this new style will take time to learn as well.. It seems a waste of resources,a nd I doubt newbies will even bother with it. Maybe RTS will like it; but I say who cares as this isn't an RTS.

The monsters look good. The troll itself, style wise, is no worse or better than the original NWN; but does look better overall 'cause of the new graphics.

My ratings of creature models:

Troll - nothing special; but looks good

Golem - I like; but what's with the red?

Bone Spider - Freaky almost human like face

Zombie - Meh. It's a zombie.

I'll post more when I check out the site further.

Good stuff overall, though. :ermm:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The FPS control thing sounds reatrded. The controls of NWN should be fine for everyone including newbies. The radial menu, of course, takes time to leanr; but guess what this new style will take time to learn as well.. It seems a waste of resources,a nd I doubt newbies will even bother with it. Maybe FPS will like it; but I say who cares as this isn't an FPS.

FPS?

centinexx.png

...ya know, it be really startin' ta scare me jus' how much I's lookin' forward ta NWN2...I honestly ain't been this stoked fer a game since waitin' on BG: SoA...let's hope this ain't gonna be a repeat o' the total letdown... :lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I'm sure there were plenty of people that found stuff like the radial menus somewhat clunky.

Me for one. The quickslots made up for it, though.

I doubt they'd add the option if they felt it wasn't prudent.  And besides, it sounds like an option, which is no real skin off my back.

Absolutely. Why force gamers to use one particular control system just because it's the one the developer likes best? The whole thing should be as customisable as possible, with pre-designed 'control system packages' aimed at giving new users a selection of accessible routes into the game.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Maybe the RTS controls are going to be like the way you would control multiple characters in the infinity games ie dragging a box around your characters and right clicking on an opponent. It was always said that the BG games had a lot in common with RTSs.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

"don't know why the web site at Atari, they aren't doing much of anything for the game. It should be here."

Eh? Not doing much? They're the publisher. No Atari, no NWN. No Obsidian, and we'd likely still would have had NWN2.

A ****ing echo in here? That's what I said they aren't doing much except publish the game. If they did some actual work on it like Bio and Obs than yeah maybe it should be on their site.

Maybe the RTS controls are going to be like the way you would control multiple characters in the infinity games ie dragging a box around your characters and right clicking on an opponent.  It was always said that the BG games had a lot in common with RTSs.

Because Infinity is originally an RTS engine. It never used for that purpose though.

centinexx.png

It seems like a lot of people are missing the importance of NWN2. The original campaign is exciting, sure, but it's not the thing that makes NWN2 different than any other game. This is not KotOR, Oblivion, or any other standard RPG. NWN2 is a powerful tool that allows the community to create any world they wish. If you want to play an evil character, find a mod, or join a persistent world and be one.

http://www.atari.com/nwn2/community.php

Go look at a few of the persistent worlds there. They've all managed to run succesfully on NWN and will probably only need a few months to do the same on NWN2. Do not confuse these with MMO's either, these allow as much creativity and flexibility as you and the DM's desire.

If NWN2 is anywhere near the original, it will be far superior than any standard RPG on the market.

A ****ing echo in here? That's what I said they aren't doing much except publish the game. If they did some actual work on it like Bio and Obs than yeah maybe it should be on their site.

Part of publishing is advertising. A web site is an advertisement. I don't want Obsidian wasting their resources on a web site.

KotOR-like, cinematic interaction with your party, a world map and a influence system.

Me likey.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What happened to the site? :lol:

That's odd. Even the main page is gone, being replaced by a message by Feargus.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy