RuneScape

Krookie

I have some apple pie right here, but sadly, I only eat Doritos.

Also,

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The problem with reviewing an MMORPG is that it is an ever changing game that is one way when reviewed, but completely different and fixed by the time you, the reader, play it. Most of the time this is true, so let me tell you about Runescape as best as I can. Runescape sets out to blend the best of Real-Time Action with the RPG feel of games like Everquest and Dark Ages Of Camelot. Overall, it accomplishes this feat, but falls short in a few areas.

Graphically the game is good for an MMORPG. Unfortunatly, with games like Everquest 2 on the horizon, the age of crappy looking MMORPGs is almost over. While it stands up well to todays graphics, if there is one thing I have learned in RPGs is that it doesn't have to be pretty to be playable. And playable it is. The interface is very well laid out, giving you the most important options in close proximity to where most of the action takes place. The controls of the game are straight forward point-click-mine-attack-create-sell-buy-etc. While it gives newer players the ability to catch on to the MMORPG craze, it lacks the complexity that hardcore RPGphiles hunger for. You know, the kind that spend hours leveling up their ability pee on a bush. Yeah, those kind.

And for those kind of people, they sure as hell can spend hours upon hours of leveling up their various skills in this game. Your choices seem almost limitless to what you can achieve and do in this game. And every item that you get has a price value that can allow you to sell on the market. Thus helping the robust player created community that you find. And when it comes to other players, as this is an online RPG, you will find tons of them. Be they arrogant f***-tards or very helpfull people, there are TONS of them in Runescape. The community feeling will have you coming back again and again to this game. The PVP is insane at points, but what do you expect? Its an MMORPG. Story-wise, the game gets a bit hookey, but the ever changing world gives the developers the ability to improve on this so it should only get better.

That doesn't just go for story, just about every thing will improve over the course of time, molding Runescape into a good contender against other MMORPGs. All in all though, if you over do yourself in this game, you will get bored quickly, because there isn't many newer things to do after a while. But you will find yourself coming back to upgrade skills and work your way up the ranks in level. While this game isn't in a spot as contender for game of the year, it is a decent title that any MMORPG fan should atleast give a try once.

I give it 7.3 MCAs out of 10!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)