Star Wars Cantina

Jorian Drake

That would make sense, given that the first two KOTOR games were made in house.

yes, they were PRODUCED in-house. I'm talking about DEVELOPED and produced and with an LA employee writing the storyline.

I'm not saying it should happen. I'm just saying that I believe a number of LA employees are pushing for that and that is one reason we haven't heard anything.

Err, couldn't you say that about any outsourced project?

Err, couldn't you say that about any outsourced project?

yes, that is generally all they have been doing of late (and have had some hits to be sure).

but they used to DEVELOP games as well....KOTOR 3 was going to be a totally in-house project according to the (well-founded) rumors. but it got cancelled.

so, while there is still a desire to produce KOTOR 3, I think a number of LA people would like to develop it as well.

why do I think this? the same reason the publisher abandoned (for the longest time, anyway) any semblance of post-production support for KOTOR 2.

So why would they want to develop it in house?

it is essentially the flagship title of the franchise. Battlefront II might sell better but that is really just a hack of Battlefield II and will never be done in-house.

a story-focused RPG like KOTOR is exactly the kind of thing that SW groupies would want to be involved in. and I think it safe to say that a good number of LA people are SW groupies.

I'm not sure if the fact that they didn't provide much post-production support as being very solid evidence that they would want to develop it in house.

if KOTOR 2 is seen as a failure, then LA people can say "see, we told you so...BioWare doesn't do licensed projects and Obsidian is too small a company to handle it...bring it in-house".

anyway, I think I am going to bow out of this debate as the only way I can make my point is to troll another company, which is against the rules.

well, if some fat sweatly bald guy in his forties somhow gets control of makeing it he mite shift the games plot so it doesnt really follow the others or he mite be biast to the story and do somthing crazy to it. i personaly think they sould get GL to write it i mean he doesnt have anything better to do and in the SW universe what he says goes

i personaly think they sould get GL to write it i mean he doesnt have anything better to do and in the SW universe what he says goes

you know, I have heard rumors that he is involved in it but, who knows?

but, I agree, why not?

the fact that they have Dark Horse writting official continuity in this era shows that they are in this for the long haul, I think.

i personaly think they sould get GL to write it i mean he doesnt have anything better to do and in the SW universe what he says goes

Yes, and the less said the better. :ph34r:

Isn't Lucas working on a TV series of Star Wars? Haven't heard anything about that in a long long time.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Wonderful. If GL writes K3, then we can expect it to turn out like Episodes 1, 2 & 3. *sigh*

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

horror? if he did he would kill out star trek once and for all :devil:

Hasn't that already happened?

US TV series are written by large teams of writers, so presumably Lucas would delegate some tasks like, oh, let me see, maybe the dialogue, to someone else.

Or better still, act only as producer.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)