MMORPGs

Krookie

$12~15 is a standard fee for MMORPGs.

I played WoW for my full 30day trial afterwards, I could not bring myself to touch the game again.  It's just too easy.

Everything comes to quickly, levels, weapons, money, craftings...  It's all a joke.

Coming from were I did (FFXI) I expected to be challenged by WoW, I found nothing remotely challenging.  It's all desings to give the players instant rewards and gratification.  If you can enjoy that, then WoW just might be for you.

What server were you on?

P.S. Dave Chappelle plays WoW. xD

Edited by Phaedra36

I'm thinking about picking up Duneons and Dragons online.

I'd save your money. Did you get a chance to play the beta? It wasn't bad, but it's really watered down D&D. Actually, it's much more of an action-RPG than I could handle. You have access to all the great D&D skills, but I felt so rushed in a fight I rarely used any. If your reflexes are good then it might be better. It's also all instanced dungeons, so you really need friends to play with.

How is this game in terms of being a MMORPG?

I couldn't care less about the D&D aspects.

I'm looking for something new to play.

D&D Online might be a decent MMORPG if you are looking for a more action orientated version. Grouping also seemed pretty necessary in the early stages of the game. Graphically it is top notch, and the atmosphere of the various dungeons (Or warehouse, temple, crypt...etc.) is very good. XP is gained solely by finishing quests, and there are short, medium, and long ones to do. You do not gain levels quickly.

Again, if you enjoy the more action style RPG gameplay, there is a chance this MMORPG will appeal to you.

Edited by Hurlshot

D&D Online might be a decent MMORPG if you are looking for a more action orientated version.  Grouping also seemed pretty necessary in the early stages of the game.  Graphically it is top notch, and the atmosphere of the various dungeons (Or warehouse, temple, crypt...etc.) is very good.  XP is gained solely by finishing quests, and there are short, medium, and long ones to do.  You do not gain levels quickly.

Again, if you enjoy the more action style RPG gameplay, there is a chance this MMORPG will appeal to you.

I might give it a shot.

I was really excited when I first heard about it... The instanced world was what made me lose interest. I don't understand why there is a monthly fee if the entire world is instanced.

D&D Online might be a decent MMORPG if you are looking for a more action orientated version.  Grouping also seemed pretty necessary in the early stages of the game.  Graphically it is top notch, and the atmosphere of the various dungeons (Or warehouse, temple, crypt...etc.) is very good.  XP is gained solely by finishing quests, and there are short, medium, and long ones to do.  You do not gain levels quickly.

Though I wouldn't say that WoW is "light" on the action. D&D Online is definitely not for someone that wants a hardcore following of the ruleset though.

I was really excited when I first heard about it... The instanced world was what made me lose interest. I don't understand why there is a monthly fee if the entire world is instanced.

I'm not sure why that'd be an issue for price.....

Edited by alanschu

and in this case 'Expansions' means 'full priced stand-alone addons'.

So basically, rather than pay monthly fee, you buy a new game ever 6-12 months. But in exchange get a buttload of new content/new skills/new classes. You don't HAVE to buy the expansion to keep playing, you just can't use the new stuff.

Pretty cool system, too bad that I grew sick of the core game (after about 800 hours).

Go go TacO!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm not sure why that'd be an issue for price.....

I'm not one of those people who bitches about monthly fees in MMORPG. I've come to the understanding that when I pay a monthly fee, it's to be able to play online simultaneously with thousands of other players. If DDO doesn't have that, then I'm wondering what my $12-15 a month are going for...

Nor I, esspesally since NWN DM games made them completely irrelivent.

Some people don't like D&D at all, or NWNs crappy battle style.

Edited by Haitoku