Bao-Dur

You're right, I didn't mean Bao-Dur and Disciple. :">  What in the world did I write?  I think I need to get more sleep. 

I meant Mira is the simplest because it's almost entirely through dialogue, and Bao-Dur is difficult because it's entirely triggered by situations you encounter.  On the other hand, he seemed to need fewer influence boosts than the others, though that was just an impression and I never actually counted them.

Ok. For a moment I thought I may have been playing him wrong or my game was broken regarding Bao-Dur's dialogues.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but you only need three influence checks with Bao to make him a Jedi, trust me I know, he's always first on the Jedi hit list (so to speak). You have to take Bao with you, because with him actions speak louder than words.

First: The Telos Academy, be nice to him, tell him it's okay that he got knocked out, answer his questions about where you are, and ask him to join you.

Second: On Dantooine (if you do Dantooine first like I do, even if I do always get pwned by that stupid Kinrath Matriarch Grrr.) when you find the sensors ask Bao-dur to examine them for you and then tell him he did a good job.

Third: Remove anybody else from your party (unless it's Kreia) and then talk to Saedhe again. Refuse the extra money and Bao will coment on it.

Instant Jedi!

Other places to gain influence:

On Nar Shadda: Ask him to check on the air speeder after you fixed it and then praise him for his work. Pay the money to free Adana from the Overseer. Cure the sick guy in the Refugee Sector.

On Dxun: Help Kumus get free of the bomas.

On Onderon: Help the republic agent by giving him the open starport visa.

You can probably gain influence from the places you get influence with your other companions as well.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

he seemed to need fewer influence boosts than the others, though that was just an impression and I never actually counted them.

True. After they completed Kotor2 OE realised that they had very few influence points for Bao-Dur and gave each influence point more +influence. Don't recall where I actually read that, but it was something official