Combine Sports and RPG's

Hurlshort

I can't really say why I role-play since I haven't been much of a participant the last couple of years, but one trend I've noticed is that I have the tendency to gravitate towards doing things I can't do in real life. Football is not really one of those things. I don't doubt that they could make a game that had some neat elements, I don't think I could really get into it.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I wasn't really trying to say that sports games should be more like RPG's, I'm saying they already are. They already have quite a few elements in place, and both EA and Midway are slowly adding in more role playing aspects. Midway has a whole storyline thing going on, although they didn't pull it off well. EA puts you in the shoes of one player and you progress his career.

Also, I think I have a better chance of killing a rat with a sword than I do of running a touchdown in the NFL. It's not all that realistic.

I'd love to see a direct or spiritual sequel to Chaos League, a fantasy sportsgame where you had several teams based on different fantasy archetypes (Goblinoid, Human, Elves etc.) which also sported different ways to win a match, whetever by fair or foul means. Add some gameplay additions outside the games where you can bond and speak with your team players and change their behaviour or performance depending how you treat/help them. You could even have minor quests outside the tournament like winning a bar brawl against your rival team.

Add some unique characters with their own sidequests and you could have something different there..

What we need is a new Mutant League Football game.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I'd love to see a direct or spiritual sequel to Chaos League, a fantasy sportsgame where you had several teams based on different fantasy archetypes (Goblinoid, Human, Elves etc.) which also sported different ways to win a match, whetever by fair or foul means. Add some gameplay additions outside the games where you can bond and speak with your team players and change their behaviour or performance depending how you treat/help them. You could even have minor quests outside the tournament like winning a bar brawl against your rival team.

Add some unique characters with their own sidequests and you could have something different there..

Wow, that is actually a good idea :thumbsup: Have more than sports, but still have teh sportz. role playing a life based around the sports sounds fun. Lots of decisions you can make, the bar brawl sounds cool (you can choose to fight or not). i would consider getting a game like that. there would have to be a story apart from the sports obviously, but it would revolve around that.

What we need is a new Mutant League Football game.

:blink:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester