George Galloway

Walsingham

Some of you may know that George Galloway, our very own Member of Her Majesty's Parliament is in the Big Brother House, generally hamming it up and not in Parliament. Parliament clearly being non-mandatory desite his democratic responsibilty, and his pay. I can't really say enough bad things about Gorgeous George, but even I was surprised by the following 'quiz' taken from the left-wing Guardian newspaper. An oldie, but a goodie:

1 Who said recently, "The Iraqi resistance isn't just defending Iraq. It is defending Syria, Lebanon and Iran and all Arab states." Was it:

a) The leader of Syria

b) The leader of Lebanon

c) The leader of Iran

d) George Galloway

2 Who wrote of Saddam Hussein: "He is likely to have been the leader in history who came closest to creating a truly Iraqi national identity, and he developed Iraq and the living, health, social and education standards of his own people." Was it:

a) Saddam Hussein, in his autobiography

b) Uday Hussein, in his autobiography

c) Qusay Hussein, in his autobiography

d) George Galloway, in his autobiography.

3 Who used these words to Saddam Hussein, when meeting with him in the 1990s: "I want you to know that we are with you hatta al-nasr, hatta al-nasr, hatta al-Quds. [until victory, until victory, until Jerusalem]." Was it:

a) An obsequious Jordanian

b) A terrified Kurd

c) A sensible Iraqi

d) A tanned Scot

4 Odd one out. According to his lawyer, Saddam Hussein recently requested that his personal regards be sent to three people. Which of these was NOT one of the three? Was it:

a) US lawyer, Ramsey Clark

b) Former PM of Malaysia Mahathir Mohammed

c) British MP, George Galloway

d) Socialite Tara Palmer-Tomkinson.

5 And finally, who once averred that: "In fact I am not a homosexual, never have been and actually have never met an Arab homosexual." Was this man:

a) Lawrence Durrell

b) Lawrence of Arabia

c) Sir Richard Burton

d) George Galloway

Fairly simple, really. The answer - of course - is d in all cases.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The MP for Bethnal Green and Bow impersonates a cat on national TV:

pggalloway_1501_wideweb__470x343,0.jpg

Rula Lenska will always be ten times the star George Galloway is. :rolleyes:

I'm definitely going to be watching on the night he comes out of the house. He will be booed and mocked relentlessly, and I don't think he will handle it well at all. :D

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Big what?  George who?

George Galloway. Honourable Member of Parliament. Oh yes.

Personally I find it bizarre that impersonating a cat wins you more disapproval than the offence of treason. I must be very out of step with modern culture.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

5 And finally, who once averred that: "In fact I am not a homosexual, never have been and actually have never met an Arab homosexual." Was this man:

a) Lawrence Durrell

b) Lawrence of Arabia

c) Sir Richard Burton

d) George Galloway

Fairly simple, really. The answer - of course - is d in all cases.

Eh? He never met Arafat? That's a shame. He was George's kind of people.

He sounds like a ver confused person.

The problem with George, as with many others like him, would appear to be that he believes he is cleverer than he really is. Or at least that he is more blessed in that department than those around him.

To be reduced to bickering with a disgraced and now completely broken former TV presenter (Michael Barrymore)...well, it puts his performance with the US senate completely in the shade.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

And to think I actually liked this man when he stood up before the US Senate.

That was a bunch of hot air and fireworks - as per bloody usual with Georgie. I think he basically caught the senate off guard with his posturing and shouting.

Who is this 'Georgie' ?? :-

I'll give you a super secret special clue: Read the thread title.

DOn't tell anybody else though, its a secret, just between you and me. :p

That was a bunch of hot air and fireworks - as per bloody usual with Georgie. I think he basically caught the senate off guard with his posturing and shouting.

Who is this 'Georgie' ?? :-

I'll give you a super secret special clue: Read the thread title.

DOn't tell anybody else though, its a secret, just between you and me. ;)

'george galloway as if you cared'...so whos that GG? :p

IB1OsQq.png

But Galloway is probably twice the man and twice the intellect of the old school lick spittle dollies who pretend to be in charge of the UK these days. :D

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

But Galloway is probably twice the man and twice the intellect of the old school lick spittle dollies who pretend to be in charge of the UK these days.  :D

That would actually put him lower than I had already considered him. :("

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Have you actually read the transcript? He completely owned them.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Watch the fireworks on the video link here. That episode always aroused mixed feelings among those of us who opposed the war and yet know that Galloway is a very dodgy figure and not one you really want to be associated with.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Now you know how I feel, having to stand on the GWB side of the line! :wub:

Galloway really did nail the senators. I think it speaks volumes for the different styles of debate in the UK Parliament and in Congress. Watch C-Span when they have the two places on. The Commons is a hundred times more rowdy. Galloway was simply more ready to go in and go on the attack. I think the Senators were expecting him to be cowed by their authority! :) Points for style.

But you also have to see him in conversation on other occasions to see how very focussed on himself he is. It is in many ways his greatest asset. He thinks he is amazing. And he is utterly committed to his own interests.

-Elwood Blues

• 2 weeks later...

He is currently the target of THREE investigations regarding the "oil for food" allegations: his ex-wife and her charity (for Iraqi orphans, or some other owrthy cause) allegedly had some very unexpected bookkeeping.

Now you know how I feel, having to stand on the GWB side of the line!  :)

Galloway really did nail the senators. I think it speaks volumes for the different styles of debate in the UK Parliament and in Congress. Watch C-Span when they have the two places on. The Commons is a hundred times more rowdy. Galloway was simply more ready to go in and go on the attack. I think the Senators were expecting him to be cowed by their authority!  :) Points for style.

But you also have to see him in conversation on other occasions to see how very focussed on himself he is. It is in many ways his greatest asset. He thinks he is amazing. And he is utterly committed to his own interests.

Very true. when compiling the first English dictionary, Samuel Johnson was very tempted to add an anachronistic cross-reference to GG under "narcicism".

'george galloway as if you cared'...so whos that GG?  :)

I'll give you a super-super secret special clue:

use the internets!

But Don't tell anybody else though, it's a trillion dollar market capitalisation secret, just between you, me and the gatepost.

Google Georgie "onanism just means I love me" Galloway, or even 180px-George_Galloway.jpg

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT