which teachings lead to true strength?

which of the Sith and Jedi teachings will lead to true strength?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. which of the Sith and Jedi teachings will lead to true strength?

• The Teachings of the Jedi
    • The Teachings of the Sith
    • The Teachings of neither

People have completely misread what the man asked:

Which of the Sith and Jedi teachings will lead to true strength?

It's not what you would choose. Just which one leads to a certain outcome.

To answer,  I'll quote Yuthara Ban:

"How many sorts of victories can you imagine? Peaceful victory? Victory by sacrifice? A truce, an achievement? Unless the victory is achieved by demonstrating that your power is superior, it is only an illusion. Temporary at best. We seek more."

"Conflict forces one to better oneself. It forces change, growth, adaptation... evolution... or death. These are not our laws, but the universe's. Without conflict you only have stagnation."

Now ask yourself this? If you are always exercising will you not fare better at athletics than a couch potato? If you are constantly competing will you not do better than someone who has never tried? How will you know what you are capable of, your true potential unless you continously test yourself?

The Sith teachings lead to true strength.

I agree

the sith teachings are the true teachings

all non dark siders must follow the path to darkness

The Jedi have conflict in their lives though. They work to achieve control and balance of their physical and spiritual selves. That's a lot of conflict, and they come out stronger for it. It's not destructive conflict. They can achieve an inner strength so deep that more strife wouldn't make them any stronger, it wouldn't affect them or it would just wear them out if it were so beyond their comprehension. True, they have to be careful to keep that strength up during easy times, but staying strong is not soley important to the Sith. They just want a different road to strength, the strength of oblivion, which they can't truly revel in.

Now, if there were a universe where it's eternally beneficial to do dark things, then their way of life would work.

Physically, one can never have true strength because anything can become more or less powerful, which is why I think that both sides have equal potential, just that most sentients benefit from a light ending. Strife for strife's sake will lead to extermination. The Jedi aren't stagnant if they remember that Apathy is Death :D . Stagnation is what occurs to people who don't do anything with their life.

Edited by indarkestday

I think it's not so much the teaching but the actual force user his or herself. The teachings obviously play a HUGE roll in how the person is brought up and carry one's self. I believe that if Anakin was LS he would of been just as strong. We could see the improvement from his encounters with count dooku. Then again alot of people bring up the speed of the DS and the rate they get stronger. It's the way you look at it, if Anakin was LS would he have been so hot headed and make such a stupid move against a jedi... I don't know. Does Sidious completely disregard Vader while he electrocutes his only son... I don't know.

Jedi don't only have conflict in their own lives. There is external conflict everywhere, which is why they are the champions and protectors of the Republic.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

According to the teachings of the Sith, true strength comes from adversity - which is why you shouldn't help others, and weaken them. But by helping others, you yourself endure more adversity, becoming stronger. So according to the Sith teachings, the best way to become strong is to follow the light path.

But according to the Jedi, rather than only focusing on your own growth, you should spend your life helping others to become strong. So they should become strong through adversity, rather than being given a piggy-back. So according to the Jedi, the best way to help others is to follow the dark path.

I'm so confused.

Well, I think that neither the Jedi, nor the Sith are correct - but standing on the borderline is unhelpful also. The true path is yet to be revealed, but if the Force has a will, as the Jedi suggest, the path should become clear with time.

your half right. the Sith teachings also incourage greed and thinking inwards. by helping others you don't alway get stronger and most of the time show a waekness which is against what the sith beleave. The jedi however and messengers of the force and peace and help other selflessly and work together to gain a high unserstanding ( i would have liked to say power insted) of the force.

Jedi don't only have conflict in their own lives. There is external conflict everywhere, which is why they are the champions and protectors of the Republic.

I didn't know if I should have included that or not because people could say that kind of conflict depends on the dark side being present. Although I guess some conflicts don't have to have parties of different alignments.

I didn't know if I should have included that or not because people could say that kind of conflict depends on the dark side being present. Although I guess some conflicts don't have to have parties of different alignments.

Well the Force is always gonna have its dark side. It's the kinda thing where you can't have one without the other.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.