which teachings lead to true strength?

which of the Sith and Jedi teachings will lead to true strength?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. which of the Sith and Jedi teachings will lead to true strength?

• The Teachings of the Jedi
    • The Teachings of the Sith
    • The Teachings of neither

I rest my case

Please excuse me while I spam your RPG threads now.  :)

hm? oh you mean the rpg thread i started and now dont really use anymore?

dont let me stop you :)

Ok, then the two peole playing will have to move to another forum...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I rest my case

Please excuse me while I spam your RPG threads now.  :)

hm? oh you mean the rpg thread i started and now dont really use anymore?

dont let me stop you :huh:

Ok, then the two peole playing will have to move to another forum...

Deadly_Nightshade

i was intending to stick to the 2nd jedi civil war rpg

hi.

Really quick:

There is no "Grey Jedi Order"!!!!!!

"Grey Jedi" are Jedi like Qui-Gon or Jolee (Sp? :( ). They use the Force, and may have, at one point, been Jedi or Sith. Even Bindo used the Light Side. Confront him as the Dark Lord Reborn, and combat will define his true character: He's a Jedi, and he'll never bow down to the Sith, so says he. They still serve a 'side'. "Apathy is death." Even the Grey Jedi robes say how 'Grey Jedi' opperate independently of the Jedi Council, which, by no means, signifies that they are both 'good' and 'evil'. After all, even Yoda, one of the most Light Side Jedi Masters I can think of, can use Force Lightning, should he choose to. It's not what powers you have, but how you use them, that determines your alignment. And, if you want to make the argument that "Grey Jedi" are neutral, then why did the Jedi Council, in almost every instance, choose NOT TO FIGHT, instead of fighting against 'evil' (Mandalorian Wars, etc.). Grey Jedi often choose to fight instead of thinking, which is why they are often considered not to be 'true Jedi', and why they many times use the Dark Side.

The Jedi make mistakes. They try to be perfect, which is their greatest failing. The Sith's greatest failing is that they ditch all attempt at becomming "perfect", and give into their own ideals or delusions.

If the Jedi would get over themselves, then maybe they'll survive for more than three movies/two books/one game.

Like Jolee said, they should teach control over emotion/passion, not to deny it altogether. This separates them from the people they are supposed to protect, and the life that their "Force" is supposed to embody.

The Sith: Well, the Sith are pretty good at doing what they want to do, so I suppose their teachings serve them fine as far as falling to the Dark Side, having your morals twisted into an incomprehensible lump, and killing mercilessly.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Your statments are pretty good and well thought out but there are somthings that you left out.

1. Unlike the sith the jedi don't seek total domiantion of the force I.E: they seek the froce to by balenced not bathed in light as a reversal to the sith wishes

2. The path of darkness is a fast one but look at dooku, he was a great jedi and as a sith he was able to take on anikan and obi-wan at the same time and hold his own against yoda. but the moment that anikan even used a bit of rage he was killed. why is this? simple because the sith teaching can only take you so far. anikan was a strong jedi when he fight fought dooku even then he started to tap into his rage. but after 3 more years as a jedi then tapping his rage again he creamed him.meaning the jedi teachings can give you more wile the sith stops at a point, quickly i mite add

3.think back to episode 1 when obi-wan felt some anger then calmed himself, only then was he able to think clearly enough to use qui-gons saber, maul never saw it coming because he was blinded by darkness

and finaly 4. force ghosts. when ever a sith becomes a force ghost they are weak and they can't leave phyical plane, they can ever be destoyed. wile the jedi way may take longer and his harder it is way more efefctive and gives a better result

Yep. I was not advocating the Sith. Or the Jedi. Although, in my book, the Jedi are a wee bit better...

Giving into the Dark Side can only bring so much power... The person still determines exactly how much more powerful they get.

Perhaps one of Kreia's many truths is that one must see both sides to appreciate the whole: Almost every 'redeemed' Jedi (Jedi that fell to the Dark Side and later returned to the LS) became very strong, wise, famous (and, in a few more scrupulous cases, I assume rich).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Jedi dont want passion in their lives because it would be a distraction and/or lead to the dark side. But that is one of their greatest flaws. Jedi make their members into emotionless goody too-shoe puppets that want to reach a state of no distraction so they can see cleary. Passion can lead to lust, love, and anger which they say leads to the Dark side even though those emotions are human, so basiclly the Jedi think that begin human is total weakness

hi.

The Jedi never explicitly say: "Emotion is bad." They just say to control them. Just because all the Jedi take this to mean "Emotion is bad" is their own fault. :ninja:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Both teaching are very narrow minded , and it is this narrow mindedness that leads each other to destroy one another.

The Sith do have cool powers , they basically have no honor,loyalty and you death can come pretty much at anytime.

The jedi (the good ones) are thoughtful but there teaching of not having personal attachments, love etc. causes the problems to begin with . So even though I voted jedi they are far from perfect

Guest The Architect

Both teaching are very narrow minded , and it is this narrow mindedness that leads each other to destroy one another.

The Sith do have cool powers , they basically have no honor,loyalty and you death can come pretty much at anytime.

The jedi (the good ones) are thoughtful but there teaching of not having personal attachments, love etc. causes the problems to begin with . So even though I voted jedi they are far from perfect

Great post Delta Truth!

People have completely misread what the man asked:

Which of the Sith and Jedi teachings will lead to true strength?

It's not what you would choose. Just which one leads to a certain outcome.

To answer, I'll quote Yuthara Ban:

"How many sorts of victories can you imagine? Peaceful victory? Victory by sacrifice? A truce, an achievement? Unless the victory is achieved by demonstrating that your power is superior, it is only an illusion. Temporary at best. We seek more."

"Conflict forces one to better oneself. It forces change, growth, adaptation... evolution... or death. These are not our laws, but the universe's. Without conflict you only have stagnation."

Now ask yourself this? If you are always exercising will you not fare better at athletics than a couch potato? If you are constantly competing will you not do better than someone who has never tried? How will you know what you are capable of, your true potential unless you continously test yourself?

The Sith teachings lead to true strength.

Edited by dtriniman