which teachings lead to true strength?

which of the Sith and Jedi teachings will lead to true strength?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. which of the Sith and Jedi teachings will lead to true strength?

• The Teachings of the Jedi
    • The Teachings of the Sith
    • The Teachings of neither

I like to think of myself as being a LS, but Grey is probably closer to the truth. I think most of us would in reality help some people when possible, but eliminate those that were evil if we could do it, and get away with it. I think that helping those in need is good, but so is hunting, and killing those that would bring us bounty, but only if they were bad.

Jolee says it best. being good doesnt make you a jedi, just like being bad doesnt make you a sith. be zYourself, and let them call you what they want

Edited by PacMantheJedi

Guest The Architect

Think of me as 2/3 darkside. I'd use my powers to crush the weak and destroy all the scum which is kind of a darkside way of doing things but it would contribute to helping the galaxy long-term. I'd kill my enemies and shape the galaxy to my liking... I wouldn't follow the Jedi or the Sith, but unlike the neutral, I would get involved in galactic affairs.

"My Analysis of the Other Sides of the Force"

LS - Jedi puppet gaylord brainwashed slaves who cannot think for themselves and try to be perfect when in reality people make mistakes. They are blind, paranoid, incompetent fools who weaken themselves by helping the weak and sticking there nose in everyone's business. The Jedi are obsessive control freaks and do not fully understand the true nature of the force.

DS - Power hungry impatient idiots who are lazy and try and take the easy path. Also they tend to be cowards (especially during the Golden Age of the Sith when many people joined the Sith because they did not want to die and felt safer being on the winning side). They also do not fully understand the force either.

Neutral - They are acceptable because most grey's want to keep to themselves and avoid trouble which is fair enough. But, they could also be viewed as confused, fence sitting cowards. But they are right to reject both the teachings of the Jedi and the Sith.

Think of me as 2/3 darkside. I'd use my powers to crush the weak and destroy all the scum which is kind of a darkside way of doing things

Yeah, kind of. Actually it's pretty much 100% the darkside way. What do you think is the extra 1/3?

but it would contribute to helping the galaxy long-term.

How so? Your war of conquest would destroy much of the infrastructure of the galaxy and leave the survivors deeply scarred by the experience and terrified of you. How is that better?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

well lets look at a fact

when there is a sith force ghost they are bound to the madder world by there rage and are forced to stay at there tombs and (as seen many times) they can "killed" for lack of a better word. however this is because of there power. as in the end of ROTJ we see anikan because he was very powerful and of coares he turned away for the dark. almost all sith lords turn into force ghosts as we have seen. now qui-gon was able to do so and he told yoda and yoda in turn told obi-wan. the jedi way is forged by peace and power in the force at the same time this is why even after qui-gon died he contacted yoda to perpar him because he was (even thought he made the method) haveing touble with it. this is proven because obi-wan who had 19 to perpar at first could not come before luke (it toke him three years) wile yoda did it very soon after his death because he was more advanced. now anikan did this due to his power gained though the dark side but if he didnt trun to the light his spirtal from would suffer the weakness all the other sith spirts do. but he turned to the light adding peace to himself plus thepower let him do it automaticaly.

so what im geting at is the sith path and jedi path are both needed to become strong because one with out the other slows one potencal

Guest The Architect

How so? Your war of conquest would destroy much of the infrastructure of the galaxy and leave the survivors deeply scarred by the experience and terrified of you. How is that better?

No, not a conquest. Think of it as laying down the law, a badass Jedi who is trying to help people and the galaxy but is using the power of the dark side to destroy all the evil people in the galaxy. My character represents capital punishment, break the laws of the galaxy and you die. In fact, if you've ever seen Taxi Driver with Robert De Niro who plays Travis Bickle (Which by the way is one of my favourite films of all time) you know how he shoots those lowlife **** near the end but he's doing it to help the prostitute, kind of like that. "[i think someone should just take this city and just... just flush it down the ****in' toilet." That's what Travis Bickle represents and that is what I represent so you know I'm doing the wrong thing by killing people and using the darkside of the force but the people I'm killing are scum and I'm cleansing the **** in the galaxy and doing the good folks a favour. Does that make sense?

B]

Edited by The Architect

...I'm doing the wrong thing by killing people and using the darkside of the force but the people I'm killing are scum and I'm cleansing the **** in the galaxy and doing the good folks a favour. Does that make sense?

B]

It does make sense in an 'ends justify the means' kind of way. The problem - well, one of the problems anyway - is that with all that blood on your hands you would soon lose any ability to distinguish between the scum and non-scum, and any motivation to do the good folks a favour. I can't see it having a happy ending. :) Still, it might make a good movie. Couldn't be worse than Attack of the Clones, at least.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

If I was to choose one side or the other I would be Dark Side but I wouldn't go conquering the galaxy. Fools' work if you ask me. I would carve out a nice portion of the galaxy and live comfortably and study and grow in power of the Dark Side. This conquering the galaxy and destroying Jedi is just a waste of time. Jedi and Sith are both the same coin but opposite sides.

Embrace anger, compassion, hate, mercy, fear, knowledge, passion, serenity, and all to have the fullest understanding of the Force.

Edited by Judge Hades