NHL

Fionavar

No you don't Mkreku, you only hate it when your team is losing. It's understandable.

I see Hurlshot is online, so here's a question for you: do you think Nabakov is worth the 5.3 million the Sharks are offering him?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I thought it was 5.3 million over 3 years, I read it in the paper and already forgot. Honestly I'm not sure. He's been very mediocre this season, but he also injured his shoulder and groin early on and I don't think he's played 100%. I'm just going to have to trust management on this one. He also hasn't had a great D-unit in front all season long. They are taking shape, but we've only got 2 really experienced players back there.

I still trust him more than a lot of goalies when it comes to OT in the playoffs. Being a horrible shootout goalie means squat when running for the Cup.

Oh great. For two periods the Leafs lead the Devils 3-0. One minute into the third period, the Leafs let in two quick goals, the second a weak effort by Belfour (and, of course, the defense).

At least the game is more exciting now.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

At least your team gets to play an early game tonight. I have to get up for work at four in the morning, which doesn't leave a lot of time for sleep if the Oil/Nucks game doesn't start until eight o'clock.

And I see not only is Ladislav Nagy out, now Vinny Lecavalier is injured as well. I see the powers that be are trying to keep me from winning my hockey pool... :ph34r:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I wish I could forget this game, my friends and I had a road trip all planned with licqour and funness, but we couldn't get any seats other than standing room only. And KQD doesn't stand for anything, let alone hockey.

edit. here you go, Hurlshot

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Phew! Belfour saved the day and made some great saves in the last few minutes and then Chad Kilger added an empty netter. WE WON ONE!

First home win since jan. 2 according to the commentators. Geez.

I didn't watch the game, but Don Cherry and Ron MacLean felt Belfour was pretty solid.

I guess he was the first star.

In other news, I guess Mike Morrison asked to be in the game against Vancouver to redeem himself from his previous game against them. Kudos for a goalie to show that kind of determination. He had a very good game too!

It's wierd, suddenly Edmonton has Vancouver's number!

The Rangers are back in first! Just a month ago I thought any inspirations of overtaking Philly was over! WOWSERS!

2 more points, and Jagr is guaranteed a PPG this year!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Edmontons' second line center Jarret Stoll scored the game winner last night, but the more impressive stat is he went 21 for 22 in the faceoff circle. Holy Adam Oates' ghost Batman!!!!

And I am going to try to enjoy as much hockey as I can this week, since the prelims start for the Olympics on next Tuesday. I don't find international games that exciting, but I'll admit I'm a little curious to see how Evengi Malkin does for the Russian team.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Nice to see the Flyers struggle almost as much as the Leafs. Not that I can see how or why they're doing it, considering the talent they have on their team..

"Not that I can see how or why they're doing it, considering the talent they have on their team.."

To be fair to the Flyers; they've been pretty much playing with half a team all season. They have yet to have all the star players play in the same game.

An interesting observation, is that the Oilers took more days to reach 53 games in this "Olympic compressed schedule" than they did in 2003-2004.

I think it's been a bit exaggerated the impact the Olympic year is having on the scheduling. Especially when I've seen teams have pretty much entire weeks off at some point.

Don't forget tonights game starts in about an hour on Sportsnet, Alan.

And Hurlshot I couldn't agree with you more. I like the Kings, they have a solid if unspectacular team, a decent fanbase and very interesting telecasts. Unfortunately they have also been hit with the unlucky stick. If you want to talk about injuries, the Kings have a habit of falling out of the race in the new year.

But it would be better if it was Colorado on the outs instead of them.

Here's hoping the Sharks tear the Flames a new **** tonight.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"there was something in the air that night, it felt so right.....Fernando!!

Oiler win over the Mighty-no-longer-Ducks in teh shootout. Beautiful wide open hockey ( I'll just ignore the defensive lapses that led to five goals).

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Hehe, both teams struggled defensively IMO. I actually felt the Oilers were outplayed, which is unusual lately. Though it results in us winning rather than losing, so I'll take it!

I just knew Pisani was going to score, because we couldn't watch much more of the game because 24 was starting in just minutes!

And man, I am totally impressed with Ryan Smyth's ability to deflect a puck (and Perry too, but I've seen it so many times with Smyth). A 'nice' goal by Pisani to tie it up too :o

Yeah, I like the system in Sweden better. 3 points for a win, 2 points for an overtime win, 1 point for an overtime loss, 0 points for a complete loss. It makes more sense to not add an extra point just because the game is a tie at the end of regulation.

I think no team should get a point for a loss. And, Hurlshot, these days I wouldn't count 100 points as some sort of milestone. Not like it used to be, anyways.

And, I swear I feel like smashing the Hype Police. I won't as smashing people is wrong; but I feel like it. I dunno how a golaie whose numbers are basically as good as the best goalie in the league isn't worthy of Calder talk.

Bah. Forget the Calder. It'll be funny if he maanges to win the Vezina.

Hehehe.