SW: Empire At War Demo!

karka

Actually, I went back.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

EVER.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

No, I was actually just kidding.

I downloaded huge demos with my dialup to.  28.8k at that.

I just do it while I'm sleeping.

I did that a couple of times when I downloaded some huge BG mods. Some of them took days. Good thing for Netants download utility, I can pause it while I do my regular stuff online.

I used GetRight.

And yeah, you can't go back. You'll find a way to get it in inaccessible places if need be.

Where to get a 'virus free' demo?  :huh:

Is there something wrong with the link given? :huh:

If I can get past the waiting line I'll probably check this out soon. Sounds like most of you think it's worth trying...Maybe it'll re-invigorate my interest in the RTS field.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'll admit that any opportunity to send waves of X-Wings against a Star Destroyer does take away from my objectivity

No, it's a pretty game, don't get me wrong....but I'm not sure the combat is fun/engrossing/deep enough to make me want to sit and play this type of game (time intensive one). Hence, if the other aspects of it arn't up to snuff, it's going to literally be the next Rebellion.

I like the idea behind the galactic map, and I think things are a little more straightforward than Rebellion.

Though, I didn't really hate Rebellion as much as others. Though it did have me building fleets of Star Destroyers and whooping ass....so my objectivity is already gone :huh:

I love the space battles.....the ground battles are what I'm less than thrilled with.

I also like the idea about how technology is handled, and how they tried to bring out the differences between the two factions.

Rebellion was just the same thing with slightly different units on both sides.

I like the idea behind the galactic map, and I think things are a little more straightforward than Rebellion.

Though, I didn't really hate Rebellion as much as others.

I agree, but I meant it failing, a la Rebellion. Not so much having the same faults as that game.

Well, it will definitely appeal to the faster paced RTS crowd.

To be honest I would have preferred if things were a bit slower in the game all around.

Perhaps something for me to mod for myself :blink:

I could see myself getting it when the price drops, because it's Star Wars and I can build Death Stars and watch Darth Vader own X-Wings.

Edited by alanschu