Well my intrest in NWN2 just tripled =)

Darque

After much reading and trial and error I can make npc mods with dialogues, scripts and other sorts of things.

I tried tinkering with modding BG1 at the time. I remember creating a character (Zelthan Greywulf, lolz) and making custom skills for him, similar to those Bhallspawn get. One of them, if I recall correctly, was called Entomb and it was supposed to remove the flesh of the targetted character if he failed his save. Plus, he would also become panicked (with a nice scream in a sound file to go along with it).

He also had something like a custom-made vampiric sword which would actually add a permanent +1 to his HPs on a successful hit. Ha ha, munchkin 4 life!

I've eased off doing modding for now. It's become more of a job than a hobby. Plus all of the mod community bickering that goes on burned me out.

I know not of this Feargus reference. Please enlighten your fellow knight.

Well, back in the Interplay days Feargus had a reputation for believing in the so-called "SLAM DUNK" projects, which take little time to develop and bring in loads of cash. At the time no SLAM DUNK project of his (namely, Icewind Dale 2 and Heart of Winter) were that successful. Knights of the Old Republic 2 more or less continues the trend.

That was my view to and I thought IWD2 was a decent enough game. KotOR 2 was better but IWD2 was a good dungeon crawl that made use of the 3e rules the best that a engine built for 2e could. I just think some people had unreasonable expectations for the game.

Only bit I didn't like was the use of the 3e ranger. It sucked. It really sucked. Man, it sucked so hard it would make Bill Clinton smile.

Icewind Dale 2 is a game I'm neutral on. I don't like it, yet I don't dislike it. I did not like the way they implemented the third edition rules into it. They should have stuck with the second edition rules like the first one. I did not find the story that thrilling either. I did like the ability of choosing other races though, like the drow. Some of the mage and priest spells were good.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

It simply easn't fun. It wans't challenging for the most part, the story was boring, and the two main villains didn't feel beleiveable to me. Their sob story made me laugh not feel for them.

I did like the use of 3E rules as it was done rather well. Choice of subraces was cool too. Other than that, meh. It's the only IE game that I couldn't be bothered to finish.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Never played IWD2 but did play the first and enjoyed it greatly.

Personally I thought the story was much better then other 'CRPGs' such as classic nwn.

At least it griped me and I liked the way the story blended into the canon lore. The details like that really catch my eye.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

"Never played IWD2 but did play the first and enjoyed it greatly. "

Yeah, IWD was very good game for what it was. >_< IWD was simply a fun game with its sahe of challenging battles that made sense.

As for it story, i think its no better or worse than NWN's. It was a solid duo demon dynamic. I think the OC's main villainess had more depth and interesting aspects to her character that many miss.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.