Best Graphics Card?

qaz156

It's upgrade time for me, considering next year NWN2 will be out and it'll need a good graphics card. Any recommendations?

"To be, or not to be a real RPG, that is the question.

Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows

or outrageous action... or by taking up arms against a sea of crap and by opposing: end them."

It's upgrade time for me, considering next year NWN2 will be out and it'll need a good graphics card. Any recommendations?

This thread will be moved soon with out doubt....but hey you didn't say how much money you have available and do you have an AGP 8X or the PCI 16X slot on your motherboard?

Yup, it's has definately the best performance/price ratio.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't know if I have a slot. I thought I would just remove my old graphics card if there isn't a free slot. But I'm a layman here. Do I need a specific slot or something? In terms of money, let's just assume I'm willing to get something like the 7800 GT.

Edited by qaz156

"To be, or not to be a real RPG, that is the question.

Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows

or outrageous action... or by taking up arms against a sea of crap and by opposing: end them."

Yeah, there's little reason for a 'layman' to have more than one graphics card installed. Basically, different cards need different kinds of slot, so you have to find out what your motherboard is, then find out what slots that kind of motherboard has. If it's an older motherboard, expect not to be able to handle the best cards, obviously.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

post-1658-1137116718.jpg

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.