CIV Discussion

Jumjalum

Whenever I'm online on Xfire, it means I'm available. Looking at my schedule, though I'll probably be available on Tuesday evenings and some weekends (Friday and Saturday night usually). As I said before, I'm on GMT.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I had a dream last night where I was playing CIV online against you guys. Strange thing is, my civ was Denmark.

Heja Sverige!!

if you guys are ever planning a game and I'm on xfire, lemme know, when I'm online, I'm usually not busy.

If you don't have me on there, Oerwinde is my nick on there too. I managed to pick a username that no one else on the entire internet uses. Go ahead, google it, its all me.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Actually... page 10 of results seems to be rather... eh... different. :blink:

Edited by Tigranes

unexpectedly, this week I'll be available for an online Civ game not only tomorrow but wednesday evening(GMT) as well. I'll have Xfire on.

Heja Sverige!!

Okay, I'm scheduling my games on Tactical Gamer, a community that favors tactical teamplay. Instead of making it so that every player has to show up every week or the whole session is ruined, it'll have more leeway in terms of players opting in and out, depending on the week. Players getting replaced by AI or other players, etc.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/civilization-...html#post439189

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Hmmm, this sounds like an interesting concept http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=14235

Perhaps we could have a succession game going.

Basically, a SG is somewhat of a 'coop' version of a singleplayer session, where each player plays x turns, then passes it on to the next player.

Perhaps we could have it somewhat like this. Since you can have attachment in this forum, maybe we could even keep it an open game. One player plays, say, 10 turns, then attaches the savefile here, with a report of the 10 turns (with screenshots and all). The next player to reply after this gets to play the next turn, and gets 24 hrs (or perhaps even less?) to finish the next 10 turns, and so on. Maybe we could also allow some players to 'reserve' turns as well if they haven't been able to play much during the previous rounds.

For examples, check here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

I picked up Civ last week. I actually played like 8 hours yesterday, but my Xfire doesn't seem to be picking it up. I'm not good at all, in fact I just lost a huge map on pretty easy difficulty. I seem to have trouble commiting to the offensive. I research and research, but never really use my technology. So if anyone wants an easy game on a weekend, I'm up for it.

I picked up Civ last week.  I actually played like 8 hours yesterday, but my Xfire doesn't seem to be picking it up.  I'm not good at all, in fact I just lost a huge map on pretty easy difficulty.  I seem to have trouble commiting to the offensive.  I research and research, but never really use my technology.  So if anyone wants an easy game on a weekend, I'm up for it.

I'm the same way. I try to avoid conflict and such, and just do all sorts of research and expansion then bam, someone declares war and the one unit I have in each city can't stand up to the army the computer has been building for the last 100 turns.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I picked up Civ last week.  I actually played like 8 hours yesterday, but my Xfire doesn't seem to be picking it up.  I'm not good at all, in fact I just lost a huge map on pretty easy difficulty.  I seem to have trouble commiting to the offensive.  I research and research, but never really use my technology.  So if anyone wants an easy game on a weekend, I'm up for it.

I'm the same way. I try to avoid conflict and such, and just do all sorts of research and expansion then bam, someone declares war and the one unit I have in each city can't stand up to the army the computer has been building for the last 100 turns.

Make that three turtles then. :thumbsup:

Haha, I always keep a decent army in case I get attacked. I don't usually go on the offensive, but if the AI dares declare war on me, I'll usually try to get a city or two out of the opportunity.

So, you guys interested in getting a Succession game going?

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

Erm, yeah, the point of a succession game is that we wouldn't be playing simultaneously, though. More like a team coop effort of a single civ. If there's enough interest, I'll start a new thread to get that game going.

Hadescopy.jpg