Suggest a good RPG

Daaave

I'd recommend Gothic 2 Gold too. It's Gothic 2 plus the expansion called Night of the Raven. Long game, huge gameworld, incredibly immersive (almost no loading times), weird controls that takes some getting used to, functional brothel (most important!), great combat (well, not really, but I liked it) and a pretty interesting story, once you get it going (the game starts out slow).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

We agree on a lot of things. Somethings, no.  :blink:

Oh so thats how it is now then is it?

We're like sisters.

Sisters eh?

Me like. (w00t)

:ph34r:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Gothic 2 killed my video card. Other than that, I think I enjoyed it at the time, but I've played the Kotors, Torment and Bloodlines since then and I have higher standards now. I can't even remember what the story of Gothic 2 was, only that it was rather weak. :blink: I'll probably still give Gothic 3 a try, as we're not exactly awash with new RPGs, even at the best of times.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I forgot System Shock 2, it's not a RPG in a traditional sense, but no one can deny this classic.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Don't know if this counts as an RPG, but I loved Deus Ex.

I never really got into Baldur's Gate. Too much of the cliched "Oh look! A hero! Come find my third cousin twice-removed's lost kitty! And then you can get back to your quest for the great Frying Pan of Doom."

If you're looking for a laugh, Bard's Tale isn't bad.

And Fallout? Just started it today. I've seen better...

Or maybe I just need to get farther in. I'm reserving judgement. Don't shoot me!

But finally, Torment is a given.

Best. Game. Ever.

Or you can fill the time until NWN2 comes out by speculating about what PNJ might be. :)

Baldur's Gate is a blast. It was the game that quench my thirst to play PnP which I no longer could play, friends moved on to other things in life.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester