Worst name placeholder?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Worst name placeholder?

• Exile
    • Disciple
    • Handmaiden
    • Mandalore
    • Nameless One

How is Mandaloire bad? It's a good title, decent name, and not nearly as unimaginative as 'Disciple or Handmaiden'.

But i has to be the Exile. They shudve had some kind of giant list of names and you chose how the name was pronounced from that or something. The Exile....what a lame title!

Edited by Styur Voln

K1 was much better at using things like "he"/"she" more smoothly. K2 spams "Exile" so much...

I don't remember them using he or she in Kotor1 at all.. they used Revan consequently ..

whilst Kotor2 (even if there were mistakes) at least tried to be "gender-true" ..

Fortune favors the bald.

How is Mandaloire bad? It's a good title, decent name, and not nearly as unimaginative as 'Disciple or Handmaiden'.

But i has to be the Exile. They shudve had some kind of giant list of names and you chose how the name was pronounced from that or something. The Exile....what a lame title!

... and it still prolly wouldn't have come out right, knowing how funny those text-to-speech programs sound

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Disicple. Disciple of what?

Sounds like some rip-off of "Disciples of Ragnos" of JA, although yes I know if you're a disciple then you have to say something like that, but still, bad name to go with in the first place.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Nameless One. I hate Torment and how thoughtless can you be by having no name?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Ahdahn.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My post was not a reply to MasterRevan's post. I was replying to the topic title.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The Nameless One was the main character of Planescape: Torment, an RPG made by Black Isle Studios, the predecessor of Obsidian. Chris Avellone was the lead designer of both this game and K2, which led some to criticize him for allegedly borrowing K2 story elements from PST.

In K2, he was sort of split into Exile and Darth Sion.

Disciple. I mean, how much worse can it get? That Boring Blond Guy? The poor kid. I mean, female Exiles don't even learn his name at all, and he's in their party.

He reminded me heaps of "Prince Charming" from Shrek 2. I've never played as Female PC but I've read he has a real name too (although like Handmaiden, he's always labelled Disciple).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)