Xbox360 Japanese launch

Meshugger

Good for him.  I still don't know why people are getting so hung up about X Box 1.5.  Overall the system is not all that great, the games aren't that much better, and it has more problems than it is worth.  I still don't see any reason to buy it.

I don't know whether I will get an Xbox 360 or not but if KOTOR III comes out as an Xbox 360-exclusive, I will buy the platform for that one title. Yes, I will admit that.

Its that type of attidue that is killing the PC market.

Its probaly more like pretentious PC snobs are killing the PC market.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

No, Hades is completely right. M$ and SONY are spending(and losing) money to keep developers from making games for the PC in order to strengthen the console market. And if you as a customer purchase a console to be able to play those games, youve just proven that it works and that will cause them to continue to undermine PC gaming.

Now, Nintendo on the other hand have got it right but kind of wrong; PC users being able to purchase a "nintendo card" that allows them to play console games on the PC and that would be cheaper than buying a stand-alone console.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Now, Nintendo on the other hand have got it right but kind of wrong; PC users being able to purchase a "nintendo card" that allows them to play console games on the PC and that would be cheaper than buying a stand-alone console.

What exactly have Sony stolen ? I know they nabbed nintendo stuff but I cant think of anything that was supposed to be on the PC.

Since Nintendo sell their hardware at a profit and your idea kind of contradicts what a console is for in the first place don't see that happening somehow.

Oh course if you selfishly want to hog all games for the PC , then that makes you no better than MS does it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Actually, hardware manufacturers are not innocent too. You can buy a next gen. console with the prize of a good graphics card.

Well Kaftan dosnt like consoles. But kind of overlooks the main reason for their popularity.

1. It will play games much better than a PC of the same price.

2. Games will 99% of the time work out of the box with no effort. If something dosnt work then you swap it. No messing about with drivers and having to track down just why something wont work.

Those two things make them very appealing to the average consumer, as well as to people like me who are fed up jumping through hoops and patching things left and right just to get a game to work. Thats not counting the

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Actually, hardware manufacturers are not innocent too. You can buy a next gen. console with the prize of a good graphics card.

Well Kaftan dosnt like consoles. But kind of overlooks the main reason for their popularity.

1. It will play games much better than a PC of the same price.

2. Games will 99% of the time work out of the box with no effort. If something dosnt work then you swap it. No messing about with drivers and having to track down just why something wont work.

Those two things make them very appealing to the average consumer, as well as to people like me who are fed up jumping through hoops and patching things left and right just to get a game to work. Thats not counting the

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, aside from Kaftan's uncanny knack finding blame, there might not be any problem with PC gaming. After all, have the sales for PC games gone down significantly or have the sales for console games increased? My reason for asking is this: if PC games have increased slowly while console games have increased rapidly, then it might just be a reflection of two different markets. Perhaps PC gaming isn't on the way out so much as it is in the process of being dwarfed by consoles. That's not necessarily bad as long as enough good games come to the PC. Frankly, I've always thought PC gaming was a niche market anyhow.

Sure, pretentious snobs who think they have all the answers will rail against the console market, but they're probably just passing judgment on anyone who doesn't have the same tastes, ideas, or beliefs. It might be contemptible, but it's nothing new. I'm sure both the console and PC markets can live through the experience.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I like the last comment in the last paragraph :D

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No, unless buying a cell phone for 1 SEK with a long term contract is also an indication that cell phones are unpopular. They're not.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No, unless buying a cell phone for 1 SEK with a long term contract is also an indication that cell phones are unpopular. They're not.

Depends on the contract. It was clear from the start that the 360 wasnt going to set Japan aflame. That became even more clear as games slipped hence the package deals and price cuts (which were lower than the other territories from the start). Cells are not a good example since there are so many of them everyone has to make thiers look as attractive as possible. If the 360 was in fact popular in Japan, then they could have just sold it on it's own. Figures are interesting. The game purchase is below 1 (.9 something) which means a lot of people bought a 360 without any games for some reason.

If you want an example from here ToysRus did a deal which was basically if want a 360 then you had to buy at least two games as well as some really rubbish DvD.

People took it because they wanted the machine.

The Japanese one is a way to sell the 360 by making it look more attractive by offering a good deal. The ToysRus one was selling crap on the popularity of the 360 which is much like some of the PsP packs last year.

478327[/snapback]

Good for him.  I still don't know why people are getting so hung up about X Box 1.5.  Overall the system is not all that great, the games aren't that much better, and it has more problems than it is worth.  I still don't see any reason to buy it.

I don't know whether I will get an Xbox 360 or not but if KOTOR III comes out as an Xbox 360-exclusive, I will buy the platform for that one title. Yes, I will admit that.

Not that i'm defending the Xbox 360.

But what is wrong with buying new hardware just to play a single game?

People spend thousands upgrading PC equipment just to play the latest games.

Is it the peoples fault that consoles are far more convinient?