Russia Confirms Sale of Missiles to Iran

kumquatq3

I thought Condie claimed there were none when she visited Germany. Surely Condie wouldn't lie? Or were she afraid that Merkel would slap her face with a handbag? :-"

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if anyone is annoyed with me bringing this thread back amongst the living but I'm bored and I wanted to bring attention to some recent developments and rumors regarding the topic - Iran.

With Iran rejecting offer to enrich uranium in Russia, one of the last chances for a peaceful outcome faded away. Practicley the last chance for a diplomatic solution is the current EU-Iran nuclear talks, but honestly I'm not very optimistic they'll succeed. Not that I think the EU Negotiation Team is incompetent or anything, the reason they are so unsuccessful is that Iran is quite determined to enrich uranium for, as they say - peaceful purposes, but the fact is it can be used to make weapons grade plutonium needed for nuclear weapons. And my opinion is they want to be as battle ready/equipped and capable as their biggest rival - Israel, and that includes nuclear weapons.

With Iran spending about $9.7 billion dollars each year on defense purposes, the state of the Iranian military is quite admirable, although far from Israely or US military capabilities. Thus the financial aspect of the Iranian nuclear weapons program (if one does exist) is far from any funding difficulties, so practicley the only thing that Iranians need to develop the bomb is time. Time that is day by day running out for those who see a 'nuclear Iran' as unacceptable and so the chance for a diplomatic solution is also diminishing to a point of military confortation with Iran.

There are even rumors and reports of US seriously preparing for a possible war, but those are only wild speculations, anyways there are already so called OPLANs 1002, 1004 and 1019 which are basically the foundations on which a possible military confrotation would be based upon.

The other recent development was the 9 companies sanctioned by US for aiding Iranian weapons efforts, though the sanctions will have only symbolic meaning for most of those companies, which have no known dealings with the United States and the sanctions will only ban them from doing business with the United States government or from buying high-tech US equipment and products.

Another more deadly rumor for Isreal and its allies is a speculation that Iran acquired ballistic missiles from DPRK and not just any ballistic missles, it's the BM-25 models with a range of 2500 to 4000 km - read more in the article...

Many predict, myself included, that with the US Congressional elections in 2006, it's highly unlikely that the United States would launch strikes on Iranian key nuclear sites in the run up to the election. Because, as soon as the election concludes, domestic political inhibitions about the uncertain consequences of striking Iran would be greatly diminished and the pathway for strikes against Iran would be open.

As far as Israel launching strikes independently from the US - that is highly improbable, practicley impossible, and in the end the US would end up in that conflict one way or the other as I explained before in this thread.

Actually if you check the dates of those stories in my links you'll see that it's not old news.

After the descent of Afghanistan into warlordism and opium-production, and Iraq into civil war, I look forward with horror to Mr. Bush's military plans for Iran.

:-

:p

*UPDATE:

link

Not at all.  Production of opium and power of warlords have increased: thus, descent.

Erm... not sure I agree with you there. Opium has increased, but that's not just because of the installation of the Khabul govt. And the warlords are definitely improved.

I still think that domestically the US wouldn't wear another invasion of anywhere, no matter what the provocation.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So, when the US or Israel launches an attack against Iranian nuclear production or refining facilities how many people will they kill? :(

Do they become terrorists and criminals? :blink:

Does the UN slap an embargo on the US or Isrqael so that citizens go without oil and maybe even food? :huh:

Does somebody arrest the leaders? :)

Or maybe launch missile strikes against them when they drive around? :(

Can the leaders responsible go to Church or Synagogue? :D

Just curious. :-"

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

So, when the US or Israel launches an attack against Iranian nuclear production or refining facilities how many people will they kill?  :(

depends on how many the noble iranians put there in an attempt to make us look bad.

Do they become terrorists and criminals?

uh, don't their current actions already start them down this path?

Does the UN slap an embargo on the US or Isrqael so that citizens go without oil and maybe even food?

dunno, but isn't this yet another double standard? i mean, isn't iran supposed to be NOT refining uranium in the first place?

Does somebody arrest the leaders?

what about their leaders? double standard number four.

Or maybe launch missile strikes against them when they drive around?

or wait till they nuke israel, or iraq... given that they've already voiced their intent. duh.

Can the leaders responsible go to Church or Synagogue?

sure, why not. the iranians are probably hiding in a mosque.

Just curious.  :-"

i always wonder about hypocrisy myself.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.