The Warriors

Draken

I own this game, and personally I think it's fantastic. Though the movie takes place all in one night, the game focuses mainly on the months leading up to the meeting, and how the Warriors got their name. As a loyal fan to the movie, I greatly enjoyed this game with its sublime story, intense beat 'em up action, near perfect voice acting, and much more. Also, the opportunity for a second player to jump in and join the game anytime is very nice. Rumble Mode, the mini game section, has many different types of games including King of the Hill, Burner Battle (you race to finish your tag before your opponent), and even a neat little mode race through the streets of NY...in a wheelchair. Also in Rumble mode are playable gangs that you can unlock in Story. These include the Hi-Hats (remember those bad ass mimes from the beginning of the film?), the Baseball Furies, and even the Riffs, Cyrus included.

If you know nothing about the movie and have no idea what the hell I was talking about up there, I would still reccomend getting this game. If you liked old school beat 'em ups like Double Dragon, you would like this game.

My gripes? Graphics could be a tad crisper, and there's always that occasional camera issue, but nothing worth freaking over.

Overall, this would be a great game to purchase if you like beat 'em ups, or if you're a loyal fan of the movie like me.

Best line in the game:

"I'm gonna shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle!"

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Best line in the game:

"I'm gonna shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle!"

Now I would say the best line in the game is by Ajax as well, when he faces the stuttering leader of the Hi Hats Chatterbox. F-F-F-F-F-F-**** you" Great game. and worth every bit of the $40.00 I paid for it.

Hell, anything Ajax says is the best line in the game.

"What's the matter, you goin' fagg0t?"

Also, Rembrandt's classic.

'Oh sh*t! The chicks are packed! THE CHICKS ARE PACKED!"

But yes, I agree. Worth every penny.

1169782506.gif

I remember seing the movie a long time ago. Figured was going to be an horrible PoS, but it actually wasn't all that bad considering the ridicolous premise.

I like the part when the two rich kids step into the sub-tram, and the girl tries to adjust her hair in shame and Ajax grabs her arm whilst staring at those boys in defiance...

Oh and don't punch any of the Warriors in your hangout. A major smackdown will rain down on your head if you do ( at least it happened to me after a nice brisk set of chinups)

As far as I am in the game, I have to say that my favorite character has to be Vermin. He just seems to rip off car stereos so effortlessly.

Although he tends to take a beating. I had a few end level scenes where he looked like he was dragged underneath a truck or something. It's possible that starting him on fire probably didn't help.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Which, as I said, is huge relief. For instance, my girlfriend is one of those types who might just play a video game with me if she has nothing else to do. But in the time it takes to quit back to the main screen, start a new game, and wait for the loading times, she's already moved on. The fact that you can just press start and let player two join kicked ass.

And Kor, nice Cleon avvie. :p I was glad to play as him a lot during story mode. I thought he had great potential in the movie, but he got wrecked early on.

1169782506.gif

Cleon was always my favorite, mostly because my older brother liked Swan and Ajax wasted time messing around with the girls when everyone else was trying to get home. My eight year old brain couldn't comprehend why he wouldn't want to go home instead. :">

And I wish I had more time for gaming right now, but as soon as I get some time off I totally plan to powerlevel through this game to catch up with buddy who's on holidays right now and surpassing me by the minute.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

*looks at the avatars of the last three posters*

That good huh?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I can't say I've seen it. The name rings a long-forgotten ornamental silver bell however. What about it?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It's one of those movies that you thought just rawked when you were a kid. As I've grown up :ermm:" , I've found its a great time piece for its era. The theme song was one of the first songs to feature then new synthesizers.

I guess its one of those things that you see through the Rose Colored Glasses of youth. I've met a few people who thought it was lame and cheesy but these are the same people who went to see Top Gun like eight times in the theatre.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

same people who went to see Top Gun like eight times in the theatre.

I know the type, sadly.

I didn't exactly puke when I watched TRHPS, so I guess I might like Warriors too. And the gang gear looks cool in a way, reminds me of Judge Dread. Thanks for linking Draken.

kirottu said:

The Rocky Horror Picture Show, respectively. I'm sure you've heard of it.

kirottu said:

:ermm:

I had a girlfriend who couldn't get enough ( of that show). I never figured what was so hot about it myself. Tim Curry is a bit of a nutter.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I never figured what was so hot about it myself. Tim Curry is a bit of a nutter.

You answered yourself. :D

Not that I'm a fan. I can't help but to think about that godawful Home Alone 2 where Curry played a piccolo.

kirottu said:

But it wasn't just Tim Curry that made that show weird. It would be the 1337 if Ajax could have jumped in during one of the songs in TRPHS and started kicking the living beejesus out of everyone.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Crossdressing is so underrated.

kirottu said: