Got Gamesnflix

Arkan

I'm borrowing an Xbox so recommend me some games to rent.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. Just awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Halo, Jade Empire and of course Ninja Gaiden.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. Just awesome.

Platform game ?

Nah, Western-themed action-adventure/fps. Happens in no less than Oddworld(Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus, Munch's Oddysee).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

^Seconded.

Try and get a fighting game too; Soul Calibur 2/3 or Dead or Alive 3/Ultimate.

kirottu said:

Nah, Western-themed action-adventure/fps. Happens in no less than Oddworld(Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus, Munch's Oddysee).

Might have to give that one a whirl if I can find it.

I was under the impression they were all platform games.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Nah, only the Abe games(Oddysee/Exoddus). Stranger is also fairly lengthy, the story decent and art direction just plain awesome. The controls don't suck either, but a word of warning; there's a serious change of themes from the wild west gun-ho bounty huntin' to something else entirely about halway through the game. It might not appeal to everyone.

Spoilage(kinda minor):

From Wild West to Scifi and nature preservation, also implements some steam punk

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Nah, only the Abe games(Oddysee/Exoddus). Stranger is also fairly lengthy, the story decent and art direction just plain awesome. The controls don't suck either, but a word of warning; there's a serious change of themes from the wild west gun-ho bounty huntin' to something else entirely about halway throught the game. It might not appeal to everyone.

Sounds interesting. Since I'm not really carrying any preconceptions about it I should be ok with it. Think I saw a copy on the rental shelf a while ago. Unless it's been sold on should be able to take a look on the weekend.

Thanks for the heads up.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Edited.

And no problem, Potent.

kirottu said:

Ok, now I've got a fairly decent queue. Keep the ideas coming, though.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Depending upon your tastes, you might like Advent Rising. The fanbase seems to be divided among those who love it and those who hate it. Frankly, I believe the majority have not given the game an adequate chance and the professional reviews are obviously flawed and narrow-minded.

Another game I picked up recently is Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Im only about 25% of the way in, but so far the game is excellent. Control can be a little awkward at times, but the story is great as is the ambience.

Otherwise, I agree with previous suggestions.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I second Mus?'s recommendation, the live ammo is awesome. 

Also:

Smallest Steef I've ever seen!

:lol:

And yes, the living ammo(especially the squirrels) is very much awesome.

kirottu said:

Was it just me, or was it a lot more fun to take on a more hands on approach by either headbutting or punching the crap out of enemies?

Also the only way I could figure out to capture one of the bosses alive, he kept ripping open my spiders, and got killed off too slow for 'semi-lethal' ammunition to be effective.

:(

I had the same problem with some of the bosses. Also, the head charge you gain 'later on' was very fidgety when it came to controls. The battle in the burning house was the hardest part for me.

How did you like the warzone parts in the snow?

kirottu said:

I had the same problem with some of the bosses. Also, the head charge you gain 'later on' was very fidgety when it came to controls. The battle in the burning house was the hardest part for me.

How did you like the warzone parts in the snow?

I kind of loved them, I kind of hated them. It was a shame I couldn't beat the crap out of everyone anymore (there were just too dang many) but if I could lure them off and then pick them off one by one I could still beat them up.

Sadly, I don't think I ever got past that part, the school year ended and so I couldn't steal time on an accquantance's Xbox anymore, I'll get my own eventually though when they're marked down along with the four or five games I wanted.

You should finish it, even though I found the ending parts quite droll. Bit too techy.

kirottu said: