WoW free 14 day trial CD in Maxim

kumquatq3

They have banks in Scotland? I thought they still used the bartering system. :devil:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The community might be huge, but it's not a very close one.

If you go down to shard level, yes it is. Depends on the shard, of course, but there's usually a rather decent sense of community on certain shards, small ones in particular.

Overall, I noticed in WoW less people being friendly too one another because they really didn't need to be.  You typicaly meet people new people in these games by trying to accomplish a common goal.  But when you can do nearly everything on your own, the idea that no one needs help gets etched into the people.  I imagine thats were the mentaly WoW carries came from.

Overall, playing on Earthen Ring/Moonglade and other RP(PVP) servers, I'd have to say the opposite. Being a member of the SA community and the new Goone Squade didn't exactly detract from this, either. I imagine this "mentaly" is more or less something confined to one's head, and thus subject to change depending on who you ask.

Everything I did in the game brought me no joy really, because the challenge wasn't there.  Battles are simple, money making is simple, crafting is simple and even the way the economy flows.  Coming from where I did, all that stuff was a serious downgrade from what I was use to.

How far did you get?

The Deadmines and basically anything below Big Three five-mans isn't really supposed to be that hard, either.

I guess all of this was due to it being a casual friendly game.  Wasn't my cup of tea.

"Casual" in the context of MMORPGs usually means "devoid of as many time sinks as possible". If you by "casual" means "easy", then I suggest you go twenty-man BWL or similar. And there are enough goddamn idiotic time-sinks in WoW already (NEW FACTION LAWL) without asking to turn it into a Lineage or EQ2 already.

Also, due to the nature of (MMO)RPGs, there really isn't much potential for epic tests of "skill" to begin with, as most of said tests of skill are character-based as opposed to player-based. Headshots vs. natural 20s and all that. Then again, I suggest you try to tackle Razorgore or above before deriding the tests of skill that do exist within the game.

Edited by Lord Tingeling

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

They have banks in Scotland? I thought they still used the bartering system.  :)

Anything to avoid paying taxes to the British ...

Bah! The Queen needs her income. Tax those lowly Scots. :thumbsup:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester