In case your thinking of buying PD0 on launch.

Heh, hopefully there's no gamestopping bug in it. No matter, since i will not get the Xbox360 at launch.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Almost anything from Rare(or Free Radical Design) was amazing. Yes, even Timesplitters 2.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

On the other hand, is this the first time they've been under such time-constraint?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Rare are smart though. They covered their arse by saying that. It's basically if anything is up with the game it's down to the Q&A not us.

It would be pretty hillarious if it was bugged though.

Would the same apply to Sith Lords ? Was it MS who had the final say there too.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, Eurogamer even gushes suckups about how thorough and amazing MS's certification process is. That might be true, but randomly inserting it in such a context without authority is pretty damning of its journalistic integrity.

Time will tell if it's bugged, half the people who buy PD0 will be unaware of this little bit of news.

My opinion of "professional" game reviewers is rather low, I tend to look at then as the industry whores that give 9s and 10s in exchange for payment.

With that out of the way, Eurogamer tends to be rather brutal on their reviews and their scores (look at Black and White 2 review) so if the game have weak points they are more likely to concentrate of then that IGN or GameSpot.

Also I wonder how many gaming news sites and magazines are going to say that MS just skip their own certification in order to have something that was hyped at a launch title ...

Edited by Drakron
drakron.png

PD0 is the best game for the 360 that I have played as of yet, and thats not saying much cus ive only played 5games, so far, condemed criminal rights blew goat chunks, along with need for speed most wanted, PGR 3 is pretty sweet and NHL 2K6 isn't looking so hot, I tried to get my hands on call of duty 2, but was unable to, they were sold out at the futureshop by my house and the eb games i went to.

What exactly is Microsoft's 'certification'?  Is it looking for bugs?  Does it apply to PC games as well?

After the game is done* in QA it is passed on to one last group that makes sure it passes the technical standards for the given platform (this group is also refered to as Format or Quality Control) It is the last line of defense before the games goldmaster is sent to manufacturing to be mass produced then shipped off to retailers. If they find something bad enough, the game could be sent back to QA which will then continue to test it while the programers try and fix the issue and submit a new final build. QA will test the new final build to confirm the fix and then submit it to "certification" again.

This applies to console platforms. I'm not sure if PC games go through the same process.

*Misnomer -- games are never really done in QA, and are almost always released before they should be.

Edited by roguefrog