Jade Empire sequel confirmed

kumquatq3

BioWare joint CEO Ray Muzyka acknowledges follow-up to martial arts role-playing game in interview, strongly hints that it will be on Xbox 360.

In an interview published today on Xbox Evolved, BioWare joint CEO Ray Muzkya revealed that the company is working on a follow-up to its Xbox martial arts role-playing game Jade Empire.

"BioWare definitely plans to continue the Jade Empire franchise," reads one of Muzyka's responses. "The Jade team did a great job with the first game in that series; we have great teams working on all of our games here. We've also said in the past that we're working on not just one, but two Xbox 360 titles. Enough said ; )"

The bulk of the interview, which also featured responses from BioWare's other joint CEO, Greg Zeschuk, was focused on BioWare's first confirmed Xbox 360 game, Mass Effect. Zeschuk discussed some basics of Mass Effect's gameplay, as well as the developer's plans to make it the first in a trilogy of Xbox 360 games.

Attempts to reach BioWare representatives for confirmation and comment were unsuccessful, as the developer's Vancouver, British Columbia, offices are closed today in honor of Remembrance Day.

By Brendan Sinclair -- GameSpot

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6139680.html

"And some say the PC isn't dying as a gaming outlet"

Yeah. OMG! JE series is on x-box so that means the PC is dying and BIo is selling out!

Let's all conviently forget DA....

R00fles!

Anyways, more seriously, this doens't 100% confirm JE2. Though; it pretty much says it without saying it.

So, D0uBLE R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

^ I totally did not see that one coming. :thumbsup:

Well, theoretically nothing until the day of shipping can 100% confirm if a game is to be released. A tornado can ruin studio headquarters destroying all employees and work produced a month before it goes to production. :-"

Edited by Diamond

Good, the Jade Empire world has a great potential for long, epic stories. Seriously.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Anyways, more seriously, this doens't 100% confirm JE2. Though; it pretty much says it without saying it.

So, D0uBLE R00fles!

Amen to that. And let that put to rest the whimsical myth that JE didn't sell well!

Also: It pains me to see Michael Chu lurking in this thread...his name merely in gray - for gone is the green tiara. :thumbsup:

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

"Ya know what I like about Volourn.

Sarcasm bounces off his head like a rubber ball"

Ya know what I like about Darque.

She actually believes she knows what sarcasm is. :)

R00fles! (w00t)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.