teh Smallville thread

Kor Qel Droma

I was suprised that there wasn't a more definate ending. I guess the show just got renewed for a sixth season (barely). My prediction is Lionel will end up saving everybody with a little help from Jor-El, then end up sacrificing himself to save Lex from the evil Zod.

edit: changed for to from, it makes more sense now

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It barely makes sense that they would kill Lex for Zod. It's interesting giving Lex powers and watching him duke it out with Clark but then again, it's Zod vs. Superman, not Lex vs. Superman. And Lex Luthor is the prime vilain in the Superman universe is he not?

The show probably got renewed once it was confirmed that Tom Welling was not going to be the new Superman on the big screen. He was in the few probable candidates.

Sorry again for the necro post  :"> 

Don't apologise. :) It was a good episode.

Pretty good episode. I wonder if it ties in with the movie somehow?

No, not storywise anyway... think of the coming film as an alternate timeline with the first two Christopher Reeve films as the background.

I guess next time we see Clark he will be in full Supesuit for Season 6?

I hope not. Smallvile is about Clark before Superman but it would be neat if he donned the costume in the Season 6 finale or something. Assuming nest season is the last of course... (it has to be, right? :- )

I was suprised that there wasn't a more definate ending.  I guess the show just got renewed for a sixth season (barely).  My prediction is Lionel will end up saving everybody with a little help from Jor-El, then end up sacrificing himself to save Lex for the evil Zod.

If it was cancelled we would have heard something earlier in the year. I'm guessing it will be a key show for The CW.

With regards to story it looks like the writers are wrapping it up so iit looks like we are near the end. I'm hoping that the other heroes we've seen over the years will feature in next season helping to quell the pandemonium. However I have a nasty feeling everything will be resloved wuickly so that the usual boring teen angst can take place. o:)

The show probably got renewed once it was confirmed that Tom Welling was not going to be the new Superman on the big screen. He was in the few probable candidates.

I think it's more luck that Smallville got renewed for next season. The show hasn't had good ratings for the last few years. And the WB loves to let go of action shows after five seasons.

Apparantley there was a new script given to the actors right before they filmed the season ender. That leads me to believe that the show was on the verge of cancellation.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

meh... zod has returned to life several times... (he was killed in the comics in 1986)

The reason that he's not a major presance in comics is because they tried "Superman can be the ONLY SURVIVOR of Krypton... No dogs, no cousins NOTHING!"

and a few yesars ago they tossed taht out and brought back Krypto... then supergirl... and now zod for infinite Crisis.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think it's more luck that Smallville got renewed for next season. The show hasn't had good ratings for the last few years. And the WB loves to let go of action shows after five seasons.

Apparantley there was a new script given to the actors right before they filmed the season ender. That leads me to believe that the show was on the verge of cancellation.

I thought the ratings were good. Wasn't it 2nd right behind Lost in its timeslot?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'd say that the ratings are good for the WB network. Overall Smallville finishes in the bottom half of the top ten shows in its timeslot.

Of course when it's up against shows like Survivor and My Name Is Earl it doesn't seem like its doing well. But the younger (WB) audience is faithfull. Sometimes I wish I had a Neilsen Box :)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And the Aquaman series didn't make the cut to the new CW networks' new schedule. But somehow the trailer made it online. I still think it looks kinda meh, but better than what I had thought it would.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

the reason they do DC is because DC is a Division of Time warner as is CW and WB...

Marvel is harder because they don't have another media attached to their parent (I think)

It was more like Birds of Poo.  That show sucked.

Maybe they should just do an original super hero show not tied to DC or Marvel, done in Smallville style with a touch of Supernatural.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=4249

Devastatorsig.jpg

but but...

dangit... I wanted to see *smash thwack* stuff! Not "OMG I broke a Nail! AGAIN! (but wait... i'm indestructible..)"

• 4 months later...

Everyone's favourite guilty pleasure returns tonight!

SEASON 6 PREVIEW

In the new season Clark will defeat the monster of the week while pining over Lana and being angsty. Meanwhile, his sorta cute compadre Chloe secretly desires him but realises he is way out of her league and so she opts to hang around like a bad smell.

real spoilers here:

Clark discovers super breath. We are introduced to Green Arrow and Jimmy Olsen. Midway through the season there will be a Justice Leauge tyo ething comprising all teh heroes introduced thus far.

I caught the opener tonight and wasn't overly impressed. Did anyone else notice a red cape with a big yellow 'S' in the background when Raya(sp) was showing Clark his fathers pendant?

And even in a plane crash Erica Durance still looks hawt!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Cool piece of info, a friend of mine designed the costume Green Arrow uses in this season. He's the same guy who did my Optimus Prime background if anyone remembers that from the desktop thread.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Cool piece of info, a friend of mine designed the costume Green Arrow uses in this season. He's the same guy who did my Optimus Prime background if anyone remembers that from the desktop thread.

if it isn't a blond robin hood commie it's not GA.

if it isn't a blond robin hood commie it's not GA.

He's blonde, and at one point of the episode he's at a costume party wearing the robin hood outfit.

Unfortunately, they get the character all wrong. He's trying to start the Justice League.

Devastatorsig.jpg

He's blonde, and at one point of the episode he's at a costume party wearing the robin hood outfit.

Unfortunately, they get the character all wrong. He's trying to start the Justice League.

Well it is Smallville. For example, is Clark supposed to be such an angsty dumbass?

nope... thats Bruce. and technically the guys wo got the JLA together were Green Lantern, Flash (barry), aquaman, Black Canary, and martian manhunter.