Why Football is better than soccer

kumquatq3

^ Um, Like Germany?

Who is generally better than England

and who didn't beat us by 3

You mean England which made it to the EU Quaterfinals2004 along with Denmark, which Germany didn't? :)

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

^ Um, Like Germany?

and who didn't beat us by 3

You mean England which made it to the EU Quaterfinals2004 along with Denmark, which Germany didn't? :)

Yes, but thats 2 years later, in the year this all went down I am correct. We also beat Portugal.

WE WANT YOU DENMARK! :)

Unfortunately, you can't have us this time around... For the first time in 12 years actually. However if you did, we'd show you just how meaningless your coca-cola ranking is. :)

However, speaking of bad luck. The Germans had a bad day, you got off lucky. :)

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Unfortunately, you can't have us this time around... For the first time in 12 years actually. However if you did, we'd show you just how meaningless your coca-cola ranking is.  :thumbsup:

Well, if you don't think your good enough to get the finals to lose to us, I understand

We'll be there tho, if you decide to show up

Well, we did poorly in the beginning of the qualifications. However we had nations like Turkey, Ukraine and 2004 EU Champions Greece (whom we beat) in our group and almost made it, one point behind Turkey. You had what... Mexico and... whatstheirnames? :thumbsup:

DENMARK!

Well, we did poorly in the beginning of the qualifications. However we had nations like Turkey, Ukraine and 2004 EU Champions Greece (whom we beat) in our group and almost made it, one point behind Turkey. You had what... Mexico and... whatstheirnames?  :thumbsup:

I believe we beat the proud nation of: The Republic of Teams Decimated by the American World Cup Victory Train

chu chu!

^ Um, Like Germany?

That's just wrong. Reality is against you, as are the Germans themselves that have a dim outlook on their chances at the World Cup that they'll be hosting next year.

Credit to the US - they've done very well and are getting better (great show at last WC) but they don't get tested seriously because of their geography. They usually play against caribbean teams, Mexico (which is rated). The best yardstick would probably be performances against the South Americans when they're invited to the Copa America - but even then it's against weakened sides since many of the top players don't want to leave Europe.

I think many people underestimate USA, especially the Denmark dude that said they'd cane the USA. No. But neither is it realistic to say the USA is ahead of the old hands.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

^ Um, Like Germany?

That's just wrong. Reality is against you, as are the Germans themselves that have a dim outlook on their chances at the World Cup that they'll be hosting next year.

Credit to the US - they've done very well and are getting better (great show at last WC) but they don't get tested seriously because of their geography. They usually play against caribbean teams, Mexico (which is rated). The best yardstick would probably be performances against the South Americans when they're invited to the Copa America - but even then it's against weakened sides since many of the top players don't want to leave Europe.

I think many people underestimate USA, especially the Denmark dude that said they'd cane the USA. No. But neither is it realistic to say the USA is ahead of the old hands.

the us have a decent football team(!), but lack individul talent. that is why nobody cares about the us when it comes to football...

If you want a really interesting game .. watch Curling! now that's exciting!!

.. by the way Lucius there's a "spelling" error in your sig ..

"do it and I'll spank you" I think you mean "Do it or I'll spank you" ? :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Hey kumaq, or any other american football fan in the US, are you a supporter of your hometown football team - considering if you have one because not all cities or states have a representative in NFL (correct me if I'm wrong)....is there any pattern in the US who's supporting who or is it a totaly random thing, what's the deal?

Hey kumaq, or any other american football fan in the US, are you a supporter of your hometown football team - considering if you have one because not all cities or states have a representative in NFL (correct me if I'm wrong)....is there any pattern in the US who's supporting who or is it a totaly random thing, what's the deal?

Most people tend to go with their hometown team, if they have one - or if they had one. I'm a Seahawks and Chargers fan because I've lived in their home cities, but I don't like the Panthers and Redskins, even though they're geographically closest at the moment.

A few teams have a more widespread following, sort of like the Yankees or the Red Wings - I attribute it mostly to bandwaggoning. Everybody liked the 49ers when they were winning big, and the same goes for the Cowboys. The Patriots have been in vogue for the past couple of years, but I think support will drop off now that they're starting to suck.

Plenty of people - myself included - root for teams that have players they like. I want Denver to win because I'd like to see Jake Plummer finally get some recognition. I like Atlanta because of Vick and Dunn.