Planescape Torment question

Atreides

"Compared to say IWD where they reused a lot of the animation and models it would have cost more I think."

True, but instead of praising the creators of PS:T, perhaps we should scold the creators of IWD.

Why ? It's not the same thing anyway. In PST you have a cast of known characters so you can make them look anyway you like. In IWD you have a cast of upto 6 characters from numerous possible classes races and genders.

Everything PST is basically built around those characters, the weapons, the spells , the story.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm not praising or knocking - just observing that the amount of resources put into Planescape may have made it more difficult to be profitable.

I would agree that this is a special case relative to other IE incarnations - it would be normal for other games to have to start from scratch.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Why do people praise it to be the best game ever made?

...prolly cuz they feel it is in theys experience...personal opinion be a marvelous thing... ;)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Spoiling...

For all those interested in seeing what the Torment voice actors did before Torment:

[*]Trias done by John De Lancie

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Another Q about classes:

Say I'm a lvl 4 fighter, if I decide to become a mage and reach lvl 5 or more do I get back my lvl 4 fighter skills? What if I keep switching back and forth through the game? Is that extendable to the 3rd class (theif)?

Spreading beauty with my katana.

...and Bastila. :-

Jennifer Hale :huh: also did Mazzy from BG2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Another Q about classes: 

Say I'm a lvl 4 fighter, if I decide to become a mage and reach lvl 5 or more do I get back my lvl 4 fighter skills?  What if I keep switching back and forth through the game?  Is that extendable to the 3rd class (theif)?

It doesn't quite work that way. You will always only have one active class, but you switch between them as often as you want. You do however retain your weapon proficiencies and hp etc. so I always found it made sense to level up a bit as fighter first to get the weapon proficiencies and then stick with either thief or mage afterwards. Remember that there is a bonus to stats when you reach level 7 in a class and one more later. Only in the first class to reach level 7 though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And just to go completely off-topic, I just discovered that the guy from Prison Break -- John Whatsisname, mobster-type guy (real name Peter Stormare) -- was the voice of Isair in IWD2. First time I heard that guy speak long enough to get a real feel for how he speaks, and damn did it sound familiar.

Turns out it was. :huh:

*is always smug when he can make little associations out of the blue like that*

Ok... continue.

Edited by Magnum Opus