Impeach Bush?

WITHTEETH

Democrats are pulling a fast one on Republicans in the Senate. I think its a big show that is necessary to get public attention. Im against the war so i personally am glad to see the Dems getting their balls back.

It looks like the Democrats are going to try to impeach President Bush. They might be able to do that. Impeaching will be difficult since the white house has so many "buffers". Not to mention, once they do impeach him, then what? Anyone who can count can see republicans are the majority so they can't fire him. Am i wrong? whats everyones opinion?

Below are a couple news sources.

NPR Listen Closed Session

A partisan dispute over pre-war intelligence on Iraq led to an unusual closed session Tuesday. Democrats demanded answers from majority Republicans about reasoning for the war and the indictment of Vice President **** Cheney's chief of staff, Lewis Libby.

BBC: News on Closed session

He said the indictment of Mr Libby showed how the administration of President George W Bush had manufactured and manipulated intelligence in order to justify the 2003 invasion.

Mr Libby has been charged with obstructing justice, perjury and making false statements to a federal grand jury, in a case stemming from the leaking of the identity of a CIA agent, which has also touched on the Iraq war.

Democrats contend that the unmasking of Valerie Plame, the CIA official, was retribution for her husband, Joseph Wilson, publicly challenging the Bush administration's contention that Iraq was seeking to purchase uranium from Africa.

The claim was part of the White House's justification for going to war.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

The filter shines again. :D

Would some one be so kind and explain "impeach" to me.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ah, I got that from the context. Just wanted a confirmation. Thanks Archie.

Edit: And WT too

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Where does it mention impeachment? The Senate had closed sessions before regarding chemical weapons.

Just an assumption. This was a slap in the face to the republicans this time because democrats did not even mention it to Republicans. So something is brewing, and this publicity stunt seems to suggest an impeachment to me in my honest opinion.

What do others here think this private (D) meeting could mean?

Myspace Website!

My rig

So something is brewing, and this publicity stunt seems to suggest an impeachment to me in my honest opinion.

bush_reloaded.jpg

You wish you pathetic demos :ermm:"

Funny i alwasy thought it more like this.

bush_Titanic.jpg

Myspace Website!

My rig

only the House of Representatives can impeach someone....if impeachment passes the House, then the Senate tries the case. It takes 2/3 of Senators to "convict" the one impeached. Should such a conviction occur, the one who was impeached is immediately removed from office.

even though we normally think of a President being impeached, the fact is that any member of the federal executive or judical branch can be impeached.

the stunt that Harry Reid pulled is nothing more than making a case to the American people that the Democrats are no where near ready for prime time.

by suggesting that the war was fought under false pretenses, Reid is, ironically, suggesting that Hillary Clinton should not be president....Hillary has been one of the most hawkish, pro-war politicans and had access to the same intelligence as Bush.

only the House of Representatives can impeach someone....if impeachment passes the House, then the Senate tries the case.  It takes 2/3 of Senators to "convict" the one impeached.  Should such a conviction occur, the one who was impeached is immediately removed from office.

even though we normally think of a President being impeached, the fact is that any member of the federal executive or judical branch can be impeached.

the stunt that Harry Reid pulled is nothing more than making a case to the American people that the Democrats are no where near ready for prime time.

by suggesting that the war was fought under false pretenses, Reid is, ironically, suggesting that Hillary Clinton should not be president....Hillary has been one of the most hawkish, pro-war politicans and had access to the same intelligence as Bush.

Why the hell does everyone think Hillary's going to run? She's not. Drop it. The Democratic party knows a woman's not going to win an election anytime soon, especially not one as divisive as Hillary Clinton.

So sure, they may be making the case that she's not fit for president. So what?

My boy Warner's gonna whip the Jesus > Constitution crowd in '08.

My boy Warner's gonna whip the Jesus > Constitution crowd in '08.

if you are referring to Mark Warner from the great state of Virginia, I would agree that he is, by far, the Dems best chance at capturing the White House in 08.

whether the centrist Warner can actually get the nomination is another matter.