Advice needed on fanfics...?

14884_1556103668

Click on that person's name, and then in their profile, on the right a little ways down, there should be a "Send private message" shortcut. That's it right there. :luck:

Edit: Er...make that "Send Personal Message". :">

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

LoL, yes yes, don't worry about it. I got it and, yeah, replied.

As I said in the message...I like it :D

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

[quote name='

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Don't pad chapters if you don't feel you want to. Chapters can be as long (or short) as you want them. If you think they're too short, it's better to combine chapters together than to pad them unnecessarily.

The chapters in my current fic are generally in the 4000-6000 words range, but the chapters in my first fanfic were significantly shorter, at about 2500 words per chapter on average. If your chapters are going to be short, you might want to update a bit more frequently.

The average word count is still 1500 per chapter, and try as I might, it wont go any further than that. But, this is the way that the story seems to want to go, and as it is my first fanfic, I am not too bothered about that fact now. Seems like it is going to have numerous chapters though, at the moment, I am looking at 20+ At the time when i first started writing, i was concerned that it had to be a specific amount of words per chapter, but as I see it now, I guess that is irrelevant, lol

As for not reenacting your personal fantasies in your writing, I agree to an extent... Because really, if you think about it, ALL writing is the reenactment of someone's fantasy.  I, however, have no patience for people who include themselves or their friends in their fanfic. I mean, really. Nobody except the people involved want to read that. It's incredibly tedious, and I generally stop reading after 5 lines. If you do want to write something like that, by all means, do so... just don't expect to get a lot of positive feedback. If you want to please other people, write with a specific target audience in mind.

As far as that goes, there would be NO way that I would write any private fantasies, lol (erm, thats if I had any...) That would be far too ewwwwwwww :blink: , and as for putting myself in a story-nah, that wont happen ever, lol! Seriously, I am just writing an idea of what could have happened after Malachor 5 (Exile, but not giving away any more than that...)

I think though that if you want to write fanfic, you should just do it and not worry about what you should or should not do. Writing fanfic and posting it online is a learning experience. The more you write, the better you'll get at it. That's what writing fanfic is about, really: it's fun, and it allows you to become a better writer.

Just keep in mind that some people are going to love what you're writing, just as some are going to hate it. Some people will love your stuff and you'll never get any feedback from them at all until you write something they don't like. Then you'll hear from them and they'll complain as though you "owe" them something... like it's your job and you get paid to entertain them or something. Others will faithfully review every single chapter and will love them no matter what you write. Others will just hate it and stop reading after the first chapter. You can't please everyone, so try not to let it get to you when people give negative comments.

Look at it this way: if people start telling you how much they hate a specifi character in your fic, because said character is such a *insert favourite four-letter word*, that means you've probably written a convincing character... so it's actually a good thing. 

I totally agree with you! I am having such fun with writing this...it is something really different that I never dreamed of doing before, and yes, in part its a challenge to see if I can write in a totally different way other than the way that I normally write.

As far as what others will think of my work, I will take it all on the chin :blink: and if others can see things that i have done wrong, or the way it has been written, then I am open to that, and wont sweat it...

but

I do stand by my decision to choose the characters/theme etc that I have chosen. All I ask, is for if any one does choose to read it, is just to keep an open mind, and don't let other peoples opinions of certain characters/locations etc put you off, as after all, that is just what someone else thinks...

Besides, I like to be different, and to write in a slightly different view point, that maybe has not been taken directly by someone else...(w00t)

Thanks so much for your advice-I will pay heed and take note of what you have said :blink: