Gaming Consoles

Akhan225

Which gaming system do you prefer over the others?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which gaming system do you prefer over the others?

• Playstation 2
    • Gamecube
    • X-Box
    • Personal Computer
    • Playstation
    • N-64
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • SNES
    • Gameboy Advanced (Advanced,SP, or Advanced DS)
    • PSP

I don't mean to make all your musings seem inconsequential, but I shall, anyway. :-" My university had the second worldwide computer installation: it used punch cards for I/O!

My first computer (that I used) was a Challenger IP, which had 1kB of RAM (the expanded model had a massive 4kB): I wrote a scorching top-scrolling game I called Lazer Zap for it (a friend of mine tried to write Donkey Kong, but he ran out of memory even though he was writing it in Assembly); good old audio tapes for backup ... my first computer was a bright, shiny, new Apple //e (64kB of RAM, including the whizzy 16kB language card) on which I played a ported version of the earliest Star Trek text-for-graphics game (warping around a grid of sixteen galactic coordinates and impulsing around the squares to kill Klingons and pillage planets) ...

You should feel at home with this old punch card machines. :)"

Systems I've owned:

None.

Reason:

Can't find the on button :-

If you are talking about the on button of the game system, he would have to own one in order to not find the on button.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I don't mean to make all your musings seem inconsequential, but I shall, anyway. :shifty:" My university had the second worldwide computer installation: it used punch cards for I/O!

My first computer (that I used) was a Challenger IP, which had 1kB of RAM (the expanded model had a massive 4kB): I wrote a scorching top-scrolling game I called Lazer Zap for it (a friend of mine tried to write Donkey Kong, but he ran out of memory even though he was writing it in Assembly); good old audio tapes for backup ... my first computer was a bright, shiny, new Apple //e (64kB of RAM, including the whizzy 16kB language card) on which I played a ported version of the earliest Star Trek text-for-graphics game (warping around a grid of sixteen galactic coordinates and impulsing around the squares to kill Klingons and pillage planets) ...

You should feel at home with this old punch card machines. :-"

That Star Trek game was a classic.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't mean to make all your musings seem inconsequential, but I shall, anyway. :)" My university had the second worldwide computer installation: it used punch cards for I/O!

You should feel at home with this old punch card machines. :-"

That Star Trek game was a classic.

I remember that game! My parents had it on my old 2.86! I almost beat the first part but then I was stupid and got killed by the last klingon.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Another reason to buy the game for the PC instead of the console.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It's been phrophesied that pc gaming comes to an end with every new console generation. Still pc games sell millions and millions.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

This is a silly poll because all consoles end up ported to the PC, either willingly or not. This the PC is the sum total of all consoles, as well as being a better platform in the first place.

Yeah right, and that's why the PC gaming market is declining...

Ye Gods! I know what I'll do, I'll run out and buy a console! That'll help! Then I can play the bestest games on the latestest platforms!!11eleven!

:thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

This is a silly poll because all consoles end up ported to the PC, either willingly or not. This the PC is the sum total of all consoles, as well as being a better platform in the first place.

Ye Gods! I know what I'll do, I'll run out and buy a console! That'll help! Then I can play the bestest games on the latestest platforms!!11eleven!

:thumbsup:

Someone needs to wake up to reality. New consoles are always coming out every few years because their technology gets old and can't keep up with the pc and it's bestest games. :(

Someone needs to wake up to reality. New consoles are always coming out every few years because their technology gets old and can't keep up with the pc and it's bestest games.  :)

You can buy every console of a generation brand new and you still wouldnt reach what it would cost you for an equivelent PC. Or what it would cost in upgrades over a 5 year period to keep one top of the line.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I used to be a die hard PC gamer, but I now believe consoles are far better.

Reason 1) No patching (consoles are standard hardware and thus easier to create for)

Reason 2) No installation (love having that extra free harddrive space)

Reason 3) It leaves my PC free for more important things :)

I used to be a die hard PC gamer, but I now believe consoles are far better.

Reason 1) No patching (consoles are standard hardware and thus easier to create for)

Reason 2) No installation (love having that extra free harddrive space)

Reason 3) It leaves my PC free for more important things :)

1. That means what ships at deadline is what you get. So no extra content or fan mods.

2. Harddrive space is about 36p (50⊄) per MB (in the UK, probably cheaper in the US due to economies of scale), and CDs are a few cents each, so storage is hardly an issue, price-wise.

3. I use my PC for work (it's a laptop, actually) and I still have plenty of room left. I am about to build a new gaming PC; currently, for about double the cost of a new PS3 I can build a rig with dual 7800GT SLI 256MB, overclock the RAM (1.5GHz effective) and GPU (750MHz, or thereabouts) and even have a cool looking modded case with water cooling.

Here is an example.

4. This is fun to do.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

:luck:

Right, sounds a lot better then, "Yes! I will go spend $300 every time the next new graphic "Innovation" comes out!"

atestest platforms!!11eleven!

What exactly was the point in adding this?

In any case, if you are actually denying that the market is slowly dissapearing, you really are a fool.

PC use to sport every game. Platforms, RPGs, Shooters, Puzzle games, etc. Now, we get hit with the same wave of generic FPS and other assorted online games every few months.

It might not ever truely be gone, but it's defintely stepping away from people who enjoy a variety of games.

Consoles is a great idea gone bad. The great part about it is the idea of giving everyone a chance to buy top of the line technology at a fair price, and of course giving developers a chance to develop their games for one setup only. What I dont understand though is why games on consoles in general feel 'dumbed down' compared to the games I grew up with on the C64 or PC. I'm not sure it's because of the consoles, but it feels like it started when the NES came out, with its simplistic controllers.

The dumbing down bit is actually the only thing I dislike about consoles.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!