NHL is back

Fionavar

Well I'm getting set for a nail biter of a game tonight. Edmonton is four points behind Calgary and is set to face off against Chicago. Now the Hawks have lost seven in a row, and I'm extremely worried because the Oil haven't won against them so far this season.

*Crosses fingers and dons every piece of Oiler apparel in the apartment*

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Well worry no more haha Chicago is really in a bad funk

Man that was a cheap shot by Spacek - And listening to him trying to justify that he fell ha

Well Canada is through to the final - Right now Russia has been dominating the U.S - the U.S. seem pretty tired

Whatever the final should be good

Well worry no more haha Chicago is really in a bad funk

Man that was a cheap shot by Spacek - And listening to him trying to justify that he fell ha

Well Canada is through to the final - Right now Russia has been dominating the U.S - the U.S. seem pretty tired

Whatever the final should be good

Just got back from the Russia/US game. Great game. I kinda feel bad for the US, playing an hour from their border, and the whole place is cheering for Russia.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It wasn't very pleasant being swedish either a few days ago. Sweden lost to Finland in overtime, but won the shots something like 53-24. It didn't feel quite right. Time heals all wounds! :ermm:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

He's still putting points on the board, so I think someone will pick him up. It is pretty sad, but his salary is just too high. Mogilny is 43, sheesh, and he's still scoring. I wouldn't mind if the Sharks grabbed him, but we really need defense, not another scorer.

Mogilny is only 36, but the big risk about the guy is that his hip has been a constant pain for the last 5-6 years or so. He used to be incredibly fast and skilled with the puck at high speeds. He's still skilled, but the speed just isn't there anymore.

I bet Toronto somehow finds a way to resign him. With my luck they'll trade Alexander Steen for Alexander Mogilny.

No you silly Calgary fan NJ won't pay him not to play, they'll pay his complete salary while he's in the minors. It just doesn't count against the Devils salary cap.

And last night I was watching the two late games ( SJ vs. Clb, LA vs. Phx) and two things impressed me. The first was Kyle McLarens' open ice hit on Trevor Letowski, and the second was the overall Kings broadcast. They usually do player interviews on the bench during the game, which I think some of our Canadian broadcasters could learn a lesson from. Also for the entire second period Cuba Gooding Jr called the game with the announcers. It was quite entertaining.

Here's hoping the Leafs beat the Flames tonight and then phone in the effort on Saturday versus the Oil... :-

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Well perhaps they send Mogilny to the minors but remember they told Oliwa to pack his bags and they have that issue with Malachov unresolved , as now he wants to money...

Well what a close game against Toronto but luckily Calgary battled and won :thumbsup:

Looks like the Preds rough week continues Detroit is pretty good

I thought they were gonna do those interviews on the bench for Canadian broadcasters but they didn't I guess it was only for the U.S. ones

Well for you Euros and Yanks today is Hockey Day in Canada. Our Prime Minister Don Cherry declared today ' the greatest day in the history of the world!! or at least since last year'. The only stores open today are the vendors, who have sold their yearly quota of Labatts Blue in the first week of January. And the CBC decided to run a triple header of games on their network. Speaking of which, this tune should be eerily familiar to all of our fellow Canadians on the board... :huh:

Theme_Songs___Hockey_Night_In_Canada.mp3

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

O... M... G...

That was an awesome game between the Canucks/Flames. Even better since it went into overtime. Nice win Vancouver! They stuck with it and managed to come back from 3-1 Flames to win it 4-3 in overtime. :)

O... M... G...

That was an awesome game between the Canucks/Flames. Even better since it went into overtime. Nice win Vancouver! They stuck with it and managed to come back from 3-1 Flames to win it 4-3 in overtime. :)

AWHHH stupid referee I say Calgary was screwed out of the win

I saw Calgary screwed themselves out of a win by taking all those penalties in the third. That was one deadly powerplay late in the game. :lol:"

YES!! I'd been dreading that game for months! AND THE LEAFS WENT AND WON IT!!

GO LEAFS :))

51 points now. Oilers seem to have 50.