icewind dale like game

bishr_adi

PST vs Fallout.

Think of the children!

No comparison there. PST is laying the gutter while Fallout is in the penthouse suite.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

PST seems to be one of those games you love or get bored/frustrated with. 

crappy fighting.

Here we go again. :wub:"

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Planescape Torment is the greatest game that has ever been made. Unfortunately some people are incapable of appreciating its greatness. However this is due to problems that these people have rather than anything being wrong with the game.

Toee is incredibly boring and useless. I highly recommend that you do not play it. The story is nonexistent and I have tried to play it many times but I have failed. Rather than playing toee, I suggest that you try some old action rpgs like nox, revenant or septerra core. Those are all good games.

Planescape Torment is the greatest game that has ever been made. Unfortunately some people are incapable of appreciating its greatness. However this is due to problems that these people have rather than anything being wrong with the game.

:-

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I really wouldn't call Planescape: Torment junk, but it's by far the most overrated game I've ever played. I'm not too fond of linear RPG's myself and the fact that you absolutely have to care about the one and only character the entire game, story and bi-characters revolve around is a definite weakness. I didn't like playing the Nameless One, thus the game became nothing special to me. But, obviously, if you had no problems with the pre-gen, than it's one of the best written games ever made.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

This is what Feargus said

I wouldn't mind making an Icewind Dale 3.  Atari would have to want the product though and I'm not sure if they are interested in continuing that brand.  I should ask though, since I haven't yet.

Having said that, I would like us, Obsidian, to create our own world soon as well.  I would bet that would come before us doing an Icewind Dale 3.

Does that sound like PNJ? :shifty:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I didn't like playing the Nameless One, thus the game became nothing special to me. But, obviously, if you had no problems with the pre-gen, than it's one of the best written games ever made.

I asked this question before and I don

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Besides the fact sometimes these games leave out a choice to take a female sex (which is sad),

Yes and no. In JRPG's you almost always get a female co-star who is just as important, if not more important than the male character you started off with. They are also pretty strong characters in their own right too. It depends if you are identifying with a character, or with the party as a whole I guess.

The one that breaks that "rule" would be FFX-2 where all the characters were female from start to finish.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I have no objections to pregenerated characters if it's a case of playing out a story. If I'm supposed to be writing a story (by making all those choices) then I want it to be my character.

The thing with PST was that the story was linked so closely to the character that they were one and the same. Since the story was basically filling in the characters past. Another factor is the gameplay in PST wasnt very good. Which didnt really leave any other levels to enjoy the game on. I was never overly fond of the sphere grid in FFX , but it's much easier to overlook when your driven by the story. Subsequently I didnt enjoy the story of FFX-2 as much (till I played it in a totally linear manner) but I LOVE the job system so I could enjoy the gameplay.

I think there are a few factors. Like just how much the story revolves around the character. If there are other characters you can be interested in, then you can mitigate those feelings somewhat.

I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Besides the fact sometimes these games leave out a choice to take a female sex (which is sad),

Yes and no. In JRPG's you almost always get a female co-star who is just as important, if not more important than the male character you started off with. They are also pretty strong characters in their own right too. It depends if you are identifying with a character, or with the party as a whole I guess.

The one that breaks that "rule" would be FFX-2 where all the characters were female from start to finish.

I

Edited by Ellester

- Steven Erikson

I'd never say "never" to something reasonable. Planescape's definitely shown me that something done well can be very good even if it isn't usually. Same for Fallout - I didn't enjoy combat but the roleplaying in the game made it worthwhile.

Spreading beauty with my katana.