Alternate Accounts?

Cantousent

What do you think of Alt Accounts?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Alt Accounts?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Maybe...
    • I AM AN ALT!

You mean other than how it smacks of not taking it like a man?

Heh. I'd circumvent a ban just to piss you off, commie. :ermm:

oh come now.  is hardly comparable.  nowhere has Gromnir lied about his identity... he simply has not given you enough info to track us down in real life

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Just the sort of shallow, single track thinking I've come to expect from you, Gromnir. Of course, the only reason someone would create an alt account is to lie about his identity. Come now, you ridiculous old wind-bag, do you really think I'm Eldar in real life? I can see it now, your parents looked down and said, "yep, he just looks like a Gromnir, doesn't he?"

Don't be stupid. We're all creations in the first place. If I'm a liar, then so are you. ...And you're protests to the contrary are just as hollow. You post in character online. That is, unless you go into meetings saying things like, "We gots to see this case as one where Gromnir is going to win. Ha! Good Fun!"

I've stated my actual name on these boards, Gromnir. Have you.

As for you, Commissar, it must be difficult to see the light whilst standing the shadow of Gromnir's immense head.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I am curious, Eldar. Of course, you might not be cracking jokes with a bunch of teenagers and 20-year-olds in real life, but I always thought that I have a good understanding of your beliefs and ideologies on many issues. Sure, we all change our personalities a bit on the Internet, but I still think this 'Eldar' reflects your mind fairly well. No?

Edited by julianw

More or less, julian. My alt account does as well. Perhaps more gently, but my core values and beliefs remain the same for both.

My aim isn't to make you cry, Commie. I'd be with your silence. Since I'm not likely to receive that, I'll simply settle for the opportunity to heap your richly deserved scorn upon you.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

More or less, julian.  My alt account does as well.  Perhaps more gently, but my core values and beliefs remain the same for both.

My aim isn't to make you cry, Commie.  I'd be with your silence.  Since I'm not likely to receive that, I'll simply settle for the opportunity to heap your richly deserved scorn upon you.

When the hell did they transfer you out to left field?

If I'm to endure the charge of being a "sissy and a coward," then I feel no qualms about stating the truths about other members in question.

Furthermore, my alt account is Cantousent. It's not as if I create all sorts of mayhem with Cantousent anyhow. Until one account or the other is banned, I fully intend to post with both accounts.

I assure you, I did not create an alternate account out of cowardice. I'm willing to discuss the issue at length with anyone who is simple or short-minded enough to believe so.

Obsidian Plays

If I'm to endure the charge of being a "sissy and a coward," then I feel no qualms about stating the truths about other members in question.

Furthermore, my alt account is Cantousent.  It's not as if I create all sorts of mayhem with Cantousent anyhow.  Until one account or the other is banned, I fully intend to post with both accounts.

I assure you, I did not create an alternate account out of cowardice.  I'm willing to discuss the issue at length with anyone who is simple or short-minded enough to believe so.

Did you create Cantousent to avoid a forum ban? No?

Then you need to reread what I was responding to and how I responded to it. Separate what I said from what Gromnir said.

Oh, and I'm officially giving you permission to explain why I so richly deserve scorn.

I'd rather regret it tomorrow than explain it tonight. I just let my temper get the best of me. Probably, I should head off to bed before this thread turns into a massive flame fest. Contrary to what others might think, I hate flaming.

Obsidian Plays

A deserved response to Commissar:

Cowboy up.  Let's hear it.

Can I explain tomorrow? You're much more likely to get the sort of genuine and contrite response you probably have coming tomorrow. Right now, I've actually gone fully cowboy mode.

*A few deep breaths*

Okay, this probably deserves to go in the thread in question. It just sticks in my craw to eat crow privately for a public offense.

I should not have attacked you.

First of all, I was simply attacking you without carefully reading your post.

Second of all, it's stupid to attack someone online. Usually, almost always, I am unwilling to attack folks online. Every now and then, my more childish nature takes over and I flame indiscriminately.

For both reasons, I sincerely beg forgiveness.

That is probably a sign of weakness, which I accept as a personal sin.

Edited by Eldar

Obsidian Plays