Latest threads deleted?

Nur Ab Sal

You break a rule, you get a warning.  Welcome to reality.

So since no one contacted any of us about the content of the threads that have disappeared, we should assume there was nothing wrong with those threads, and feel free to repost them? :ermm:"

Has anyone recieved warnings over the deleted threads?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

So since no one contacted any of us about the content of the threads that have disappeared, we should assume there was nothing wrong with those threads, and feel free to repost them? :ermm:"

Has anyone recieved warnings over the deleted threads?

No. You should contact the moderator who closed/deleted it, or if you do not know which did so, another moderator. It could have been that no single instance warrented the thread's locking, but rather a slippery slope that either had lead or will lead to trouble. It could be that the moderator was in a hurry and simply forgot to warn any offenders, and decided later to not. You have to ask the moderator, or if you would prefer to not ask yourself, ask another to ask on your behalf.

Ignoring the fact that you are completely and utterly wrong, and completely and utterly incorrect.  You are aware that this merits a warning, in following the rules set forth in the guidelines, correct?

What, trying to scare me now? Give me all the warnings you want. Ban me if that makes you happy. I can make a new account when you are not looking. Proxies are even easier to configure and use than hotmail accounts. That is, if I actually cared about posting here enough to go through all the trouble.

But hey, who am I to step into your ego wank fest? Keep banging your chest all you want, that neat moderator thingy under your avatar definitely grants you the right. :ermm:

Don't like a moderator's decision?  Contact them or a different moderator via PM.  Number 2 way to make sure a moderator's decision isn't changed is to post in a topic about it.  Number 1 is to make a new topic about it.

The thing is, I already did. I have heard all of that before. Unlike you, I actually know what am I talking about. And I wasn't discussing any particular decisions here. I just stepped in and commented on some remark made by a moderator. I guess discussing general moderation policies isn't allowed anyway, even when no particular incidents are being discussed. I guess I can't state my preferences on moderation team members, either.

You might want to update the guidelines, though. Oh, wait, no need for that. Those are "open to interpretation" by you cool guys, which basically takes us back to my original statement about those guidelines giving you carte blanche.

Don't like the current moderation team?  Contact the Fionavar or The Guildmaster via PM.  Another option is to leave the fora, there are plenty of them out on the interwebs.

About for the former, I did already. I got absolutely no response. As for the latter, why do you think this was the first post I had made since about a month?

Ow. Man, with one-liners like that, I don't think I can win this one. I should know better than to mess with the toughest kid on the block.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Gosh, he's so dreamy.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

"Do you allow the first stranger on the street to joke with you like your friends do?"

Yes, i do, actually.

Um, yes. Perhaps I assumed too much. Let's start over.

Do you have any friends?

And, attacking new posters just because theya re new is trolling and flaming. Both against the rules.

And, besides the dumbest posts I've seen on thes eboards come from the so called veterans including me as wella s you.

Agreed. But barring you, most veterans have proven that they can also post in a serious, constructive fashion, and those who haven't are usually drawing flak as soon as they post. That is not the case with new users. You won't see me flaming n00bs, unless they step on my toes, though, as I tend to grant them the benefit of doubt.

P.S. Report the truth to the modertaors all you want.

I'm sure I could, by stretching the forum guidelines, argue that your "hypocrisy = yu0" statement constitutes a personal attack.

Just becuase someone has spammed these foums for 2 years doens't make them better or smarter than someone who has spammed them for a week. In fact, it makes them dumber. LOL

Agreed. But again, you'll be hard pressed to find a veteran poster whose entire postcount consists of spam alone.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Does anyone else see the irony in complaining about threads being unfairly deleted in a thread that is itself in clear violation of a good number of rules? :ermm:

I swear, all the mod bashing is getting old. Guess what? If you don't like a decision, PM them, they'll respond! Wow! They're not unreasonable, they're just doing their jobs. Maybe if folks didn't give them so much trouble, they wouldn't have to get tough.

sig2.gif

I swear, all the mod bashing is getting old.  Guess what?  If you don't like a decision, PM them, they'll respond!  Wow! They're not unreasonable, they're just doing their jobs.  Maybe if folks didn't give them so much trouble, they wouldn't have to get tough.

The point Numbers is making is that he has tried PMing them before and it didn't do anything.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I swear, all the mod bashing is getting old.  Guess what?  If you don't like a decision, PM them, they'll respond!  Wow! They're not unreasonable, they're just doing their jobs.  Maybe if folks didn't give them so much trouble, they wouldn't have to get tough.

For some reason, I'm getting the impression that you just read the last post (last page at most) and then decided it was time for a nanny-style comment.

Now here's a question for you. If this stuff is all "getting old", why are you reading it, and most importantly, why are you replying?

Post counts don't increase here, you know...

Knowing him, I'd like to see the content of the PMs first.  If they looked anything like some of these posts, I wouldn't respond either.

I don't find anything wrong with his posts, and it doesn't matter they should still reply, as you said, it's their job.

Knowing him, I'd like to see the content of the PMs first.  If they looked anything like some of these posts, I wouldn't respond either.

Uh, excuse me, do I know you? Right.

Anyway, you know what they say about assuming, don't you?

And that is a double assumption, as you don't know what the PMs were like, AND you assume that this "troublemaking" stance is my natural state.

Reflect.

Edited by 213374U

Guest The Chew

As a forum is a place of public discussion, you should be able to make pretty much any comments on the moderation as you like

(within reason of course)

But a PM should also be your first port of call be if after that you dont get a response then why not make your opions public