New Forums

Guest Lawman

What would the forum members thoughts being on there being more boards for us to participate in as on the new game realease front not much seems to be happening, and it would make WoT less clutered.

Some of the new board could be:

Introductions board, for new members to post a little about themselves

Music board, to smooth the savage beast

Media & Entertainment, Movies, TV ect ect

Humour Board, to submit jokes and gags

General Discussion, For serious topics

Im also fully aware that this is a computer game forum, but like myself i am sure that there are other members which also interested in other topics.

The 4 first ones can easily fit to WoT, with designated threads if needed. Though, we'd spa...purge them of relevant talk no matter what. Ain't that the truth, pixies?

A forum for serious talk on the other hand; we'll it's a good idea in sense, but so far WoT is enough for that. And p'n'p-section to some extent.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The focus should stay on games and game related things. WOT is ok for a change of pace, but having more forums will just mean less going on in each one.

WoT is probally the most active thread on these boards, but I belive new forums would bring new members to the forum.

In the art threads there was members who regulary posted there which I never knew existed

Edited by Lawman

As much as I disagree with you Lawman, I need to address this: Do we really need new members?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

There arent that many participating members to warrant further fora and there are only a handful of threads active at any one time in WoT - i'd rather find em all in one place.

As for new members, what would bring them in? There is nothing new on the horizon; K2 is a dead duck and NWN2 has been moved.

WoT is probally the most active thread on these boards, but I belive new forums would bring new members to the forum.

In the art threads there was members who regulary posted there which I never knew existed

Highly unlikely. If you want to talk seriously about those sorts of subjects a game companies board isnt the place. You may have noticed we are an irreverant bunch :D

The only way your going to see significantly more people is if Obsidian release or announce a game, which dosnt get put on another companies forums.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Almost all of these have been attempted in the past by Obsidian and/or BIS, and they tend to not be very popular forums. The music forum for one was always pretty dead, and look over at Missy

Edited by Ellester

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

What would the forum members thoughts being on there being more boards for us to participate in as on the new game realease front not much seems to be happening, and it would make WoT less clutered.

Some of the new board could be:

Introductions board, for new members to post a little about themselves

Music board, to smooth the savage beast

Media & Entertainment, Movies, TV ect ect

Humour Board, to submit jokes and gags

General Discussion, For serious topics

Im also fully aware that this is a computer game forum, but like myself i am sure that there are other members which also interested in other topics.

Not a bad idea, the only thing though is music ould go with Movies and TV, and the humor board would just be all spam.

The forums are fine the way they are. WoT doesn't seem so hectic that you lose track of interesting threads, so no real need to split it up. I suppose that when more is known about PNJ it will split into several forums just like Kotor 2. By the way, the best thing about these forums is how quick they are. What's causing that? Is it software, the computers they're running on, the black background?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I don't venture to these parts often.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'd sacrifice virgins for that. I mean, more than I usually do.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

You can see it through the internet? :thumbsup:

kirottu said:

Hmmm... Nerdy coke bottle glasses... *drools*

I too wish to see the NWN 2 forums back at Obsidian. I want to discuss an Obsidian game at the Obsidian forums. I shouldn't have to go to another lame game company's forums to discuss an Obsidian game. Using they logic they gave us they should have placed the KotOR 2 forums at Bioware but they didn't.

Bioware forums are there to disucss Bioware games. Obsidian forums are here to discuss Obsidian games. NWN 2 is an Obsidian game therefore it should be here.

Edited by Hades_One