New candidate for weirdest game ever

It's called Ouenndan and it's a cheer um up (I kid you not). You control a squad of male cheerleaders, the premise being that with your squads help you can inspire people to great feats.

One scene involves a robot invasion being repelled by the police. But rather than call the army, they call you ! Your goal being to cheer the cops to victory.

This works by tapping the DS screen in the rythm of the tune currently being played. Do well your squad inspires the target to greatness, do poorly and your target is overcome by the situation they are facing.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It's called Ouenndan and it's a cheer um up (I kid you not). You control a squad of male cheerleaders, the premise being that with your squads help you can inspire people to great feats.

One scene involves a robot invasion being repelled by the police. But rather than call the army, they call you ! Your goal being to cheer the cops to victory.

This works by tapping the DS screen in the rythm of the tune currently being played. Do well your squad inspires the target to greatness, do poorly and your target is overcome by the situation they are facing.

What were they smoking?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Could you provide evidence that this thing actually exists? 

Where did you hear about it? 

A google turns up nothing.

My googling turned up this:

http://touch-ds.jp/mfs/ouendan/index.html

But I've no idea what the hell that might be. However, there were sites linking there with the phrase "cheer group".

EDIT: I found this:

http://ds.ign.com/objects/746/746980.html

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/puzzle/ouendan/....html?id=180481

It's definitely real, you skeptical person you. :) Doubt not the craziness of Japan.

Edited by Reveilled

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

the same thing as when they made the american Idle games and programmes

Fix'd :)

But seriously, I really don't see the point of these type of games, except maybe for experimental purposes, or something along those lines.

I mean really, who is going to want to pick up the DS and say "Right, i want to cheer some people on?" :blink:

Heh, sounds great :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Could you provide evidence that this thing actually exists? 

Where did you hear about it? 

A google turns up nothing.

My googling turned up this:

http://touch-ds.jp/mfs/ouendan/index.html

Ah, I originally turned up nothing as I googled "Ouenndan" exactly as the original post transcribed it rather than "ouendan" as it seems to be.

But seriously, I really don't see the point of these type of games, except maybe for experimental purposes, or something along those lines.

I mean really, who is going to want to pick up the DS and say "Right, i want to cheer some people on?" :blink:

It's just some extra weirdness around a pyopop fever type game.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Hahaha, well Katamari Damacy sounded REALLY weird on paper, but it turned out to be a decent game. I know my girlfriend loves it and can't wait for We Love Katamari (she wants to roll sumo wrestlers..). Maybe this is another one of those games that sound really weird but turn out to be playable anyhow..?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!