This is kind of interesting.

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/index.asp

I didnt even know there were that many PSP's in the UK. Let alone enough to claim the top spot for Fifa (which is realsed on bloody everything).

I'm already on my fourth one. Delicate is definately a word that springs to mind.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Have you great obese fingers, or what?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Have you great obese fingers, or what?

No I've just managed to break 3 PSP's. Well break two and scratch a third.

I actually dropped my DS in the airport and it just bounced.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

How in earth have you managed to break that many?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

How in earth have you managed to break that many?

Snapped the anologue stick off the first..

Second got crushed in the airport

Third I put into my pocket and it scratched on a pen.

When you have been used to a GBA and DS which you can pretty much run over with a truck, the PSP is like carrying around an egg.

Actually most of the people I know who have one, use it as more of a home system which dosnt tie up a TV rather than as a portable.

478327[/snapback]

Actually most of the people I know who have one, use it as more of a home system which dosnt tie up a TV rather than as a portable.

Which kind of defeats the whole purpose of "hand-held" and "mobile gaming system" :D

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Which kind of defeats the whole purpose of "hand-held" and "mobile gaming system"  :D

Yes it does a bit. It's still very good in that role though. I'm waiting for the PSP to TV adapter so I can watch all my imported anime without a magnifying glass (w00t)

It's also not bad as far as convergence units go. I think the DS is ahead as a portable gaming system though.

478327[/snapback]

" I'm waiting for the PSP to TV adapter so I can watch all my imported anime without a magnifying glass "

:wacko:

kirottu said:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/index.asp

I didnt even know there were that many PSP's in the UK. Let alone enough to claim the top spot for Fifa (which is realsed on bloody everything).

I'm already on my fourth one. Delicate is definately a word that springs to mind.

:huh: Four PSPs? Wow. I think I might have given up after the second.

My PSP sits safely on my desk at the moment, I haven't been playing it a great deal lately - I'm really waiting for the Final Fantasy game to come out.

Definitely not a system I'd think of giving to a child, or someone really clumsy :wacko:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

I have a PSP as well, and it survived a DC trip with a bunch of 8th graders. There are some decent movies on it, but I'm not ready to fork over $20-30 to watch them on the small screen. It will be better if they lower the costs a bit. Also, I haven't spent $100 to get a 1 gig memory stick, and that has limited my usage of it.

The big problem is there are barely any good games on it. I also don't want a Playstation game ported over, I want games made for the tiny screen. Nintendo knows how to make full use of a tiny screen, but Sony and the developers keep trying to cram too much onto it.

I have a PSP as well, and it survived a DC trip with a bunch of 8th graders.  There are some decent movies on it, but I'm not ready to fork over $20-30 to watch them on the small screen.  It will be better if they lower the costs a bit.  Also, I haven't spent $100 to get a 1 gig memory stick, and that has limited my usage of it.

The big problem is there are barely any good games on it.  I also don't want a Playstation game ported over, I want games made for the tiny screen.  Nintendo knows how to make full use of a tiny screen, but Sony and the developers keep trying to cram too much onto it.

Glad to hear it.

Couldnt agree more. None of the PSP games screem handheld and I havnt really found one suited to short bursts of gaming. The battery life is not much use on a long trip either.

478327[/snapback]

I actually bought an extra battery because I heard they were short. Each one will last 3 hours, and I can't really stare at anything for longer than 6 hours. It's pretty easy because I just keep them charged in my bag, and on my trip I just recharched it at the hotel at night. They are about $25 I believe.